Thursday, July 21, 2005

Contractors

Grrrr. Good thing I came home early today. We are supposed to be having some termite and dry rot repairs done to the house. So the project manager said that we would be given a week's notice because part of the work is on the garage. One of the beams extends into the garage also.
So last week I come home and a bunch of the siding on the corner of my house is ripped off. So I ask the guy what's going on. Well this is the aspestos dude and they didn't need access so they didn't notify me. Now mind you, there is now a gaping hole leading into my garage. But it's fine because we had a panel of drywall on the inside so that nothing is exposed. I come home today and the repair guy is telling me that I need to give him access. Well, we haven't even cleaned out the garage yet. What happened to a week's notice. However, I am home and I don't want to push this work off another week. So here I am for the rest of the day. Just being here while my house gets torn apart downstairs. Michelle won't be home until later tonight so I was going to come home, check what we need and do some shopping. I guess I'll do more research for my fantasy football league. *shrug*

Fantasy Football update: grrrr. I have redone my team at least four times and still can't get under the salary cap. waaaah.

10 Comments:

Blogger Glowie said...

So you had to come home and clean out your garage? blech

Buy me some strawberries when you go shopping.

7/22/2005 4:43 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

My team is sooo going to beat your team. *grin*

7/22/2005 6:00 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

No, Glow, I didn't clean it out. I chose to just be here instead. I hate construction work. *sigh*

Breezy? pfffffffft, dream on amateur.

7/22/2005 6:10 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Gee...how....ummm...fun.

7/22/2005 6:37 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

If it's such an inconvenience, I'll trade you houses! :)

7/22/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi HD! Welcome to the madhouse. :)

Sorry about the morons, Carebear.

*smooches*

7/22/2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Uh Jen - you may not call her carebear. That has been my nickname for years.

7/22/2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, I've been calling her it for months, but I'll try not to do it in your presence. :)

7/22/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Hi peeps, long time no visit to my own blog.

No not fun, Momma and I'm back home again. Michelle had the morning shift I have the afternoon. Same thing again on Monday. They found more termite damage in the garage. *sigh*

HD, anymore of this and I just might trade with you. *grin*

I like Carebear. :( can't she please call me that?

7/22/2005 1:45 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Oh all right......I'll share my nickname with you.

Just remember - I only share with people I really like.

7/25/2005 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home