Thursday, May 15, 2008

BEST.WIFE.EVAH!!!!!!

I am not normally superficial and don't normally base my feelings on gifts but this one has special meaning to me.
Michelle came home tonight and asked me to help her unload the bags from her trip to the store. I did, no problem. She asked me to take EVERYTHING out of the last bag. "It's just your jacket, here".
She says "No, there is a folder". I open the folder and it is tickets to see Kenny Chesney!!!!! Kenny Freaking Chesney!!!!!
She is the best wife ever. For sooooo many reasons. One being, this is a 6 hour show and she HATES country music. She bought them as a gift for me because she saw that I was sad about not going and because she wanted to say thank you to me for some extra efforts I have been making. She just wanted to let me know that I deserve to have nice things done for me. *sniff* I totally started bawling when she handed me the tickets. This means so much to me. And it really isn't about the tickets. *happy sigh*

17 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

How totally thoughtful! I feel for her too, country music makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I just don't get it.

Even so, you'll have a wonderful time together!

5/15/2008 7:02 PM  
Blogger momma said...

OMG. I have to agree - Michelle is definitely the best wife ever for this. But, just in case she doesn't NEED to go to the concert, I will gladly go in her place.

*smooch* for you and *smooch* for Michelle too for being so sweet and thoughtful.

5/15/2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger MM said...

I think Michelle is awesome for doing that and I think you are awesome, which is why you deserved it.

*smooch* to you both.

5/15/2008 11:10 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

OMG OMG Take me with you!!! He puts on such a great concert! Michelle will actually really enjoy it. Really. He puts on a great show.

*smooch* and great big *smooch* for Michelle the best.wife.evah

5/16/2008 5:35 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*shoves Breezy*

I offered to help her out if Michelle didn't need to go FIRST!

5/16/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Awww! I teared up a little reading this. Probably because I don't like country music, either and I know what a sacrifice it is. :-)

Ok, I'll admit, I have the Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker duet on one of my mixed cds.

5/16/2008 8:05 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Six hours of country music? OMG, Michelle deserves a medal for this one.

This is so sweet of her.

5/16/2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Three cheers for Michelle! I hope you both have a good time at the concert!

5/16/2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

one of my favorite concerts ever. You'll love it. Gotta love that wife of yours.

5/16/2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You're so lucky to have each other.

5/16/2008 5:40 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Michelle is such a sweetie pie! I think you should definitely keep her.

5/17/2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger Cutsy said...

That is so sweet! I love that she put your wants before hers because it means so much in a relationship, doesn't it? Have fun at the concert. I'm a little jealous!

5/17/2008 3:14 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I am super jealous, but very happy for you.

Yay for Michelle!

5/18/2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

Mich deserves pretty high marks in the wife dept. for sure!! If I wasn't afraid of MY wife getting upset, I'd rank Mich BEST.WIFE.EVAH.

@twirls Michelle@

5/18/2008 7:08 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Well I don't see what all the fuss is about. How can anyone not enjoy six hours of Kenny! *grin*

I wish I had a wife that was a thoughtful as yours. *big hugs for both of you*

Hearing your happy sigh makes me have a happy sigh myself.

5/18/2008 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!!

She is a great wife.

5/19/2008 8:35 AM  
Blogger Tummy said...

I want a wife like that!

Have fun :)

5/22/2008 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home