Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 1

After picking up Jen and Glow from the airport, we cruised to the mall to the BM store. While Jen was purchasing her goods, the other 3 of us went and bought pretzels at Wetzel's Pretzels. I guess they don't have these on the east coast because Glow fell in love with them. So much so that she made her pretzel pose for a picture. I'm sure she will post pictures of it over the course of the next month and she will eventually call the pretzel her new pretend celebrity boyfriend.
We also went on a short tour of the town where I grew up. Then back to my house. We sat around and relaxed a bit before getting ready for dinner.
Then off to the city we went. Note to self: driving directions and walking direction in San Francisco are much different. What should have been a 10 minute walk ended up being about a half hour walk through the streets of SF. But finally we arrived at the restaurant. The Stinking Rose. It's a semi famous restaurant and it is ALL about garlic. :)
We had a special guest meet us there *waves to MM* and we had a great time. We found out that we were MM's first. We were as gentle as we could be on her but I still think we may have scared her a bit. There was all kinds of chit chat and giggling and laughing and yes, pictures too. I'll post those probably on Monday. Then we headed out looking for a bar. Did I mention that the restaurant is a block from our red light district? Needless to say, before we made it to a bar, we ran into an adult store. Poor MM. *giggle*. We in no way acted like adults. We all but played touch football with the things that we saw in the store. Some of those adult toys have the funniest names. Most of which I wouldn't dare put in print here. *innocent look*
After the adult store, we found a little brewpub and went and had a couple of more drinks. More giggling and chit chat ensued. By this time, we had to go to catch our train home because it was getting late.
The 5 of us said our goodbyes and gave our hugs and then went our separate ways. :( Parting is such sweet sorrow.
I really enjoyed meeting MM. (It's odd to call her MM now, after meeting in person). She is much quieter than I thought she would be but I have to admit that we can all be a bit intimidating. She's just the cutest little thing. Yes little. She is among the elite short group. *grin*. She had beautiful eyes and a great smile and was just as cute as could be. I'm hoping that we didn't scare her too much and that she will be willing to meet up with us again sometime soon. Again, I'll be posting pictures probably on Monday.
*smooches* to our Friday night group. I had a wonderful time.
Currently, everybody in my house is fast asleep. I'll let them sleep in a little longer and then I'll be getting them up for a day of sightseeing. I plan on wearing them out this weekend.
Hope you're all having a good weekend. *smooch*

20 Comments:

Blogger Monstah said...

I so want a pretzel.

6/24/2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

You'll have to battle it out with Glow.

6/24/2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh. I had no idea you were going to have a peep meet. Geez. You could've told us. *grin*

6/24/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I've got nuttin but envy!

6/24/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger mtw said...

Hmmmph! I passed up you, Glow, Jen, and MM in a sex shop just so I could be less than 4 feet from a bunch of 19-24 year old strippers wearing nothing but thongs?

Dammit!
MTW <-- always makes the wrong selection.

6/24/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I want a pretzel. I want to tour your hometown. I want to go sightsee in SF.

*whine*

I'm glad you all are having fun.

*smooches* to everyone!

6/24/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

When you're done having so much fun, you can do the seven things meme since I did tag you over on my blog!

Now, go back to having fun. I will go back to being jealous.

6/24/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Aww, thanks Carey. You were all very gentle with me, (Michelle said the soreness will go away soon) and I loved every second of it.

I'll blog about it with my own pics hopefully this weekend.

*smooches*

6/24/2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Also, do I get any say in which pics are posted?

*slightly paranoid*

6/24/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Sounds fun. How great that MM joined you, too!

6/24/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Let's see-so far young DD & I have knocked the oil thing off the lawn mower and fought it back on and are trying to get the lawn cut before it leaks too much and DH notices. Other than that, a good weekend.

Now I have to figure out how to smuggle the mower into the shop before the grass needs cutting again. Poop.

6/24/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger momma said...

How fun. I am so jealous. So very, very jealous.

6/25/2006 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bang, bang, bang*

Would someone please let me out of here.

6/25/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Bwahahaha! You guys forgot about Boo! :(

6/25/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Poor Boo!

6/26/2006 6:05 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Mmm...pretzels.

It's so great that you all could get together.

I can barely wait until July.

*squeal*

6/26/2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

MM showed up? *dies from envy*

Nookie <---- trying to imagine what kind of positions Glowie posed her pretzel in.

6/26/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

You better post the picture of MM kissing Jen! ;-)

6/26/2006 8:18 AM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Ummm hello? Day 1 was 3 days ago. Where's the rest?!

*taps foot and eats pretzel*

6/26/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooh! I just had a pizza pretzel. Yum!

*licks lips*

TKit, I think they are all still recovering, iykwim? *grin*

6/26/2006 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home