Saturday, August 30, 2008

Toodle Oodle Oompa Boom zing zing

Crazy busy---
Went to see Melissa Etheridge in concert last week. Rocked the house as always. Love her.

Got a raise. It was not as much as I had hoped for or as much as I deserve but it's a start. We will revisit in December to see how the company is doing. If things are picking up I may get another one.

I've decided to readjust my attitude regarding work. My attitude isn't going to change how things are so it's my attitude that needs to change. I've decided to work on being more positive. At least I have a job. And I was given a raise in a time when both jobs and raises are hard to come by. That is a good positive start. Perhaps if I am more on board, I will end up rewarded. Still looking elsewhere but in the meantime until something else comes along I need to be more in charge of my happiness at work. I feel proud of that.

Today we are going to an art and wine festival and then having a bbq with a couple of friends here at the house afterwards.
Tomorrow we are going to a bbq at the inlaws.
Monday is house day. Projects that we have been putting off will get done.

If I get around to it I will post some pictures of the new carpet.

Tuesday we get back on board the healthy train. I am actually looking forward to it as most of my pants are too tight to wear. Wah.

I'm off to take a shower now. Have a good weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger MM said...

Melissa sings one of my favoritest songs ever. I'm glad you got to go.

Congrats on the raise! Like you said, in this day and age, those are hard to come by.

Sounds like a busy, fun-filled weekend for you guys. Be safe!

*smooch*
*waits for carpet pics*

8/31/2008 12:46 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Congrats on the raise!

I thought you were wearing your pants that tight to show off your ass. *wolf whistle*

8/31/2008 8:45 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Did you shower yet. *sniff* If still smells in here.
*grin*

8/31/2008 5:10 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

I am proud of you regarding the attitude shift. That is a hard thing to do, but it is healthy for you too.

I need to get back to better and less eating too. I'm really lazy right now though.

*waits with mm for carpet pics*

9/01/2008 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the raise and for your new attitude toward work. I am happy you are looking for something else, but I am also happy with your new approach. And I think it will help, or know it will help you in the healthy part of life.

*smooch*

9/02/2008 7:12 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yay for the raise! I think your new attitude is wonderful. It will be hard some days, but if other days can be reasonably happy, those bad days will be easier to bounce back from.

You guys must've had a hella good weekend! Sounds very fun! Food, wine and music...three of my favorite things!

9/02/2008 7:35 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Congrats on the raise, Bravie!

We are back on a Tuesday Healthy Train too. The first day is always the hardest. Well, for me it is. I put away all our old, large dinner plates. All meals will now be eaten from salad plates.

I want carpet pics. I also want new carpet in my bedroom.

9/03/2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Congrats on the raise! I like your attitude shift...it's important to be in control of the things YOU can control. You can't change your boss, just how you relate to her. *high fives*

My pants are tight, too. *burp*

I think I'm going to have Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream for dinner.

Any wonder why my pants are tight? *grin*

9/03/2008 3:02 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Are you running out of hot water yet?

9/05/2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I'm reading The Power of Now. It's all about staying in the moment, feeling the breeze (no not her) on your skin, enjoying each minute. The theory is if there is no past and no future you will be happy.

I'm practicing it as best I can.

A raise is a good step up.

9/06/2008 6:17 PM  
Blogger MM said...

*sniiiifffs*

It smells stale in here.

Just sayin' :)

9/10/2008 9:20 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

Justa *smooch*

9/11/2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Awesome on the raise and the new attitude!

Can you rub some of the new atttitude off on my middle child? Please??

9/14/2008 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home