Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Uncle Fred

In honor of National coming out day I just wanted to post one of my coming out stories.
Who is Uncle Fred and what does he have to do with it you ask?
Uncle Fred is Mikki D's Dad and he knew that I was gay even before I knew.
Mikki D and I were friends with Jennifer in high school. Jennifer is my ex and my first.
I remember when Jennifer and I came out to Mikki D way back then and Mikki D told us that her Dad already knew. In fact, he knew before Jennifer and I even got together. I guess he could read us even before we could read ourselves.
So we were driving across the San Mateo bridge and Mikki D was in the back seat of Irving (my car back then) and she was wearing a 49er jersery. I remember us telling her that we were together and I could see her face in the review mirror. She had this look of complete shock and then she started to laugh. She kept saying "No way dude, no way" LMAO. Lot's of giggles and Oh my god dudes later we were out. Good ole Uncle Fred sure was proud of himself. I sure loved Uncle Fred. One day, maybe either Mikki D or I can have an Uncle Fred thread and tell ya'll about some of his funny funny stories.
So anyhow, Mikki D is the first person I ever came out to. *smooch* to Mik.

12 Comments:

Blogger jenbeauty said...

I had a college roommate who refused to come out...I heard from another one of our college friends last year who had said she had just found out that Lori was living as a lesbian. Lisa was shocked at the news as Lori had married and had three kids. It never shocked me and I am very glad that Lori can finally live her destiny.

Good for you carey! And I would love to here some more Uncle Fred stories.

10/11/2005 7:14 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Oh and I had to *giggle* at my friend Lisa. Living as a lesbian as opposed to what living as a ferret?! I went to college in KY and knew some backwards people. I thought you would *snicker* at this one!

Also, Lori had always denied to everyone except me.

10/11/2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*checks calendar*

Hm...Nothing on the Texas Redneck Calendar about National Coming Out day. Oh wait, deer season isn't for another month.

10/11/2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

LMAO at Momma, ya goof. *smooch*

10/11/2005 7:43 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*smooches* for Uncle Fred!

*waits for more Uncle Fred stories*

10/11/2005 8:09 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Happy Coming Out day! Sounds like Uncle Fred is a neat guy.

My aunt who is 40 something has still never come out to her family. It makes me sad because I would like to include her GF in family functions, but she still calls her her "roommate" to us. I guess she thinks grandma would freak, but I think grandma already knows.

*smooch* Carey!

10/11/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

All my uncles are so tightly wound. I like your Uncle Fred.

Happy Day to you!

10/11/2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

I know a couple gay people IRL, and though I count one among my HS friends, we don't see each other all that often.

An old acquaintance of mine was the brother of someone I worked with. Work-friend's brother was gay (and way fun to hang out with) and lived with work-friend for a while. But he wasn't allowed to be gay, have gay guys over or act all poofy or tell work-friend's work friends (like me) that he was gay.

I asked WF once why he was so hard on his brother and he said because gays are sinners and it's just wrong and evil and bad. I tried to keep my eyes inside my head and calm him down.

I ran into work friend last November. He is now happily married to a guy named Carlos.

10/11/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

There should be more Uncle Freds in the world.

*smooch*

10/11/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Why come Mikki D doesn't play in your blog anymore? Did we skeer her off?

10/11/2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

*smooch*

Should be more Uncle Freds. yep.

And where is Mikki D?

Do I sound like an echo? I thought of the smooch all by myself though. *grin*

10/11/2005 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a guy stop seeing me once because he thought I "hadn't come out." Guess he was a little nervous that I was living with 3 women, 2 of whom were a couple.

And yes, I know that I'm supposed to write out the numbers up there, but this is Carey's blog and silly rules don't apply here.

10/12/2005 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home