Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's happening

Michelle came home from work tonight all happy and excited with a huge grin on her face.
Me: "Hi honey, are you hungry? I made dinner"
Michelle: "Um, yeah......they were calling me a snake giggle giggle*
Me: "huh? who?"
Michelle: "The people, those computer people at the poker table"
Me: with a big grin "Ohhhhh reallllllly"
Michelle: "shut up. The computer people were really nice to me. Especially after I told them that I was newbie. They were LOLing and N1ing and NHing me and they are really nice people"
Me: "Imagine that, computer people being nice. the next thing you know you will be flying across the country to meet with them and play poker"
Michelle: "One proposed to me. He said if I was that lucky that he wanted to marry me. I was spanking them at poker"
Me: "Some of them probably want you to spank them honey. Be careful"

And then she dropped the big one. the one that stopped me in my tracks. This coming from a woman who did not understand me having little box friends, me wanting to be on the computer at night, me making friends. This is what she said......................................................

I wish I had brought my computer home from work. I want to play poker and chat with my new friends.

Yep. That's what she said. All of a sudden, my little computer life is not so silly and all of sudden my little boxed friends may not all be nerds.
Oh how I have longed for this day. The only day that will be better than this one is when she comes to me with her tail between her legs, her head hanging and she says the words "Do you care if I fly to Whereverville to meet my computer friends?"

29 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

But have you told her about spammers? LOL.

That's cool that she's understanding how absolutly fascinating the people you can meet online are. *grin*

10/04/2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I've been kind of out of it. Did I answer your last email?

10/04/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger mm said...

You're not scared she will try to use *your* computer? That's where I thought this was going at first...it scared me.

Definitely make her bring her PC home with her next time.

10/04/2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Ohhhh No, nope, not afraid at all. She knows better than to come anywhere near MY computer. She has my old one and she is happy with that. She knows that touching MY computer is grounds for divorce.
She knows that Dell is my mistress and not to be touched.

10/04/2005 8:46 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

heh. That's good news.

10/04/2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

Dell is the name of your mistress??? pfft..

lol

Glad that she is seeing the light of the friends in the box. We can be nice.

*smooch*

10/04/2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

No, no you didn't. It's like you think you have a life outside of me or something. *grin*

*smooch*

10/05/2005 5:24 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Speaking of which...Carey, when can I come out of this box? My legs are cramped.

10/05/2005 5:30 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

LMAO ohhhhh am I going to have fun in Vegas. *snort* I can't wait!

10/05/2005 5:39 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I better wait until tonight to make sure that I wasn't dreaming this yesterday. *crosses fingers*

10/05/2005 6:00 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Have you checked these people out?
The net is full of weirdos, ya know.

10/05/2005 6:07 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It's funny because my first instinct was "they are a bunch of poker playing perverts, she better be careful"
Then I realized that Dweeze plays poker, although at a different site, and then I KNEW that they were a bunch of pervs. But if they are pervs like Dweeze, then I am okay with it. *giggle*

10/05/2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

That is great!!

10/05/2005 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I may need to go back to playing Party Poker just to make sure she's okay.

Congrats!

10/05/2005 7:02 AM  
Blogger Dweeze said...

I like to think of myself as a pervert first and a poker player second. But that's just me.

10/05/2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

That's great!

10/05/2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

You mean there are perverts on the net. That's it I'm boxing up my computer right now and sending it back *grin*

10/05/2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

I'm here to complain that I can't get into Rose's blog.

This will be the blog I whine in about stuff like that I guess.

10/05/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I like how you wrote "my little boxed friends may not all be nerds." Because of course some of us, I mean them, are. *grin*

Welcome to the Darkside, Michelle!

10/05/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*sits next to Seana* I think the mass of spiders under her house ate her blog. I can't get it to open either.

10/05/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Rose has dumped us. I can't get into her blog either.

10/05/2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Did you just call me a nerd?

10/05/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Oh and yes, I called everyone a nerd. Ya'll are the nerd herd.

*runs away*

10/05/2005 4:46 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

*tackles Carey*

10/05/2005 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot get into Rose's blog either. I thought maybe she had changed the colors again and made everything white.

10/06/2005 6:10 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

Proud Nerd Herd member, me.

Do we get badges?

10/06/2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*snort*

I find this totally amusing. Especially since DH never did understand my obsession with my online groups of friends. Then he found 2 groups - Falcon owners and firemen. It's hilarious.

10/06/2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger momma said...

And? I just received a spam email while reading Carey's blog...titled
"She will probably put out"

*snort*

10/06/2005 6:58 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

WElcome to the dark side Michelle LOL.

10/07/2005 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home