Friday, September 08, 2006

Grrrrrrrrr

What an afternoon. Let me backstory this.
There is a new development being built right across the street from me. They have been known on ocassion to get to work at 5:00 and 6:00am. They think it is a good idea to wake up the neighborhood with their noise. We think, not so much. So this morning was the fourth call I have made to the forman of the company. Very nice man. He says he is doing all that he can to stop their outside contractors from getting there so early. In my opinion he is not doing enough because they still do it from time to time. This morning it was 5:45am when they started with the heavy equipment.
When I was leaving for work, I approached the guy nicely and explained the noise laws, to which he shrugged and said "Oh well, what are you going to do". Without going into all the details, he and I ended up in a very heated discussion. Very heated. By the time I called the cops to complain, they had already received two calls.
Believe it or not, I can be very reasonable when I choose to be. But once I am blown off or treated as a joke, the gloves come off.
This afternoon I have been to the police department and the city planning commission's office and I have filed formal complaints. I now know the planning commissioner very well. :)
They do have records of our prior complaints but now that I have been there in person, they are going to approach this in a much more aggressive manner. We have exchanged names and numbers and he said he is going to take care of this. He is going to start enforcing fines against them and if it gets super ugly he is willing to give them a stop building order. Obviously not just because of me. He has had a lot of problems with this company and was very happy that I was getting involved.
I am pretty happy with how the afternoon went but what a pain in the ass for me to have to do just to have peace and quiet in my neighborhood.
*flexes muscles* *grin*
Have a good weekend.

17 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

Did you open up a can of Whoop-Ass? *grin*

9/08/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Good for you, Sunshine. That would have driven me crazy. Way to be proactive! *smooch*

9/08/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Did I ever, Arkie. I even invented some words this morning. *big grin*
I even asked him to hit me because I was just looking for a reason to run him over with my car. *snort*

Thank you, Glowie. It felt very good to be proactive. And in a legal way. *smooch*

9/08/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I'm glad he didn't but HA! you told him to hit you.

9/08/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I sure did. And I had to think of Monsty because I called him a Pansy Ass Mother Fucker.
FTR? He did not like that. Nor when I called him a cocksucker. I guess men don't like being called those names. *giggle*
Yes I did too call him a PAMF. *big grin*

9/08/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

*oooh* *ahhhh* over Carey's flexed muscles.

9/08/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

They are very scary, aren't they, Arkie. *grin*

9/08/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

OMG!!! LOL! You called him PAMF and a cocksucker. LOL. <-- seriously

9/08/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Sweetie? You have met me. You have been in a car with me. Do you doubt for one second that I called him both of those names? *snort*
It seriously threw him back. He then told me not to swear at him.
Oh, um, dude, if you want me to come up with every four letter word that I know? Tell me not to swear at you after you have pissed me off. I called him the PAMF when he said that he wouldn't lay a hand on me or my car because he knew I was serious about running him over. LMAO.

9/08/2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger mm said...

I think I would like to borrow you for a few days, to take care of some problems I have here. Though I bet they wouldn't like it if you said those things at the kids school. I better rethink this.

9/08/2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Have temper, will travel.

9/08/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Are you for hire? I'll pay your mileage, too.

9/08/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Ooooooo! I want to hire you too. Can I get on the list? I'm pretty sure I'll be right after Puffy. *hops*

Woot! Carey the Enforcer!

9/09/2006 5:00 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

The problem is that this only works when someone has pissed me off. Otherwise I am the sweetest little quiet mouse. :)

9/09/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Pansy ass mother fuckers have no sense of public decency. I hope they fine the pansy right off his fuckin' ass.

Carey, I would like to put you in steel cage mouth match with my neighbor Mr. Green. He's mean, Mr. Green. Also a short PAMF.

9/09/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

I love Carey, ftr.

Seriously, imagining Carey calling some random construction guy a PAMF is making me feel all warm and fuzzy. I may have issues.

9/09/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

*licks finger* *touches Carey*
Sssssssss! You're on fire!

So what time were they working this morning?

9/11/2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home