Saturday, October 07, 2006

Weekend Randoms

Happy Birthday Tkit. I hope you have a wonderful birthday week while you are on vacation.

I have exactly 20 days left of being 39 years old. Then I will just be old.

today I will do some paint touch up in the kitchen. Our cabinets will be ready this week and by next weekend, my kitchen project will be complete.

I have to go to a wedding shower tomorrow. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal but I was offered free tickets to the 49er/Raider game and I had to pass them up. *pout*

Michelle made nice with Breezy and told me that I too have to forgive her. So I guess I am back to speaking to her. Hrmph. I hate that Michelle is the boss.

I think I am going to make a lasagna today. Something made me crave it. I will be using all lowfat/nonfat ingredients and wheat pasta. I hope it still tastes as good as when I don't use the lowfat stuff.

Let's hope that the Yankees don't move on in the playoffs. But if they do, let's hope that the A's kick their asses.

I'm antsy today. I don't feel like doing nothing. Michelle has errands to run so she won't be around. After I do the touch up paint, I may try and find myself some other project to tackle. I just don't know what yet.

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend.

17 Comments:

Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

How come everyone is talking about food?
HD with his crumpets and you with the lasagne.

sigh

*looks over at enourmous bag of chips in office*

10/07/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I can't picture you at a wedding shower instead of going to the football game.

10/07/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

~ Happy Birfday, TKitty!!!
~ Damn! You're old! I still have 244 days until I'm 40. :)
~ Yay for the new kitchen!
~ Foo! Go to the game!!!
~ You better listen to Michelle! She knows of what she speaks.
~ Can I have some lasagna?
~ Boo to the Yankees! I hate baseball. I hate them most! (Sorry dad.)
~ You should dust and rearrange the Niners room!
~ You too! *smooch*

10/07/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Hurry and finish that kitchen, Carey! Any day now your knees will ache all the time, lifting stuff will throw your back out and you'll have to worry about falling off the ladder & breaking a hip.

Just kidding. That's what happens after you're fifty. I still felt hot when I 40. When I was 50 I felt hot flashes.

I am roasting some chicken breasts with cumin & jerk spices and making a Caesar Salad. Simple stuff

I want crumpets with carmelized peaches for dessert but I don't have either my mom's crumpet recipe or fresh peaches.

10/07/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh no! Those poor Yankees lost! Boo hoo. ;-)

10/07/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

We went to the funeral home today. That was our weekend excitement. Tomorrow, I'm making chili. I'm crabby. *sigh*

10/07/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

happy happy, tkit.

10/07/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Thanks Carey!

Oooh, I'd be bitter about giving up those tickets.

I have five years and one day until I am 40. *snort*

Will you show us pictures of the finished kitchen? Please and thank you.

10/08/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Now you only have 19 days left. *smile*

10/08/2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Happy Birthday to Tkit.

I was feeling a bit undone and in a slight funk this morning, so I cleaned the house, dusted the ceilings and ceiling fans, vacuumed, dusted, swept, mopped, steam cleaned the carpets, went to the grocery store, and did the dishes. I still feel like I've forgotten something and don't know what the hell to do with myself. *sigh*

10/08/2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Happy b-day, Tkit!

10/08/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

So? How was the lasagna?

Happy belated birthday to Tkit!

OH and you're welcome. Go Tigers!!!!

10/09/2006 5:57 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Actually, Tkit's birthday is today. :)

The lasagna came out pretty well. You couldn't really tell that it was low fat.

Well, I'll have to root for the A's but I do thank Detroit for beating the Yankees.

Nice to see you again, Sonya.

Funeral home, Glow?

I was sorta bitter about missing the game. But I made sure to use it to my advantage and made big points with the family. So I guess it's all good. :)

10/09/2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Happy Birthday, TKit! I was worried about being late but it turns out this is the right day!

Glad your lasagna turned out okay, Carey. Lowfat ricotta is okay but I don't like low fat regular cheeses. I rarely make lasagna but when I do I never boil the noodles first, but I add in a couple of layers of fresh spinach leaves. Very yummy.

10/09/2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy Birthday Tkit!

I want lasagna. Luckily, it's one of the few things that I feel confident in cooking. :)

10/09/2006 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birtday, Tkit.

Yay 49ers!

10/09/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Yankees lose! Yankees lose! Woo!

10/09/2006 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home