Tuesday, October 02, 2007

That's going to be the title of my next blog entry

Holy cow, where do I begin?
Let's see...new things I experienced in Canda. <--proper spelling according to Breezy.
I ate moose
I ate walleye
I ate rhubarb
I went 4 wheeling
I got to experience a raclette
I pooped in an outhouse. More than once. And it was fun.
Thursday, Breezy and I set out for our great Michigan/Canda roadtrip adventure. By hour 9 we were ready to be at Lightsy's. Boy oh boy were we ready. *grin*
We didn't spend much time chatting that night because we were so exhausted so we pretty much went right to bed.
Friday we got to get a grand tour of Lightsy's town. What beautiful country. I was just in awe of the countryside. Such wonderful colors that we don't get in California.
There was Sam the town drunk. And Darlene the town foul mouth. I tell ya, I love Quebec. Every other word is "fuck". *giggle*
Then we got to go and eat poutine. OH.MY.GAWD is that stuff ever delicious. I could eat that every single day. I think it was that night taht we ate moose and walleye. The days are kind of blurred. Then we played cards. and I have to say that Breezy and Lightsy fucking cheat, eh. But cheaters never prosper and I won. *grin*
Saturday was Breezy's birthday and we got to go 4-wheeling in some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen. Just stunning scenery.
We got to meet Lighty and Dusterboys best friends and let me tell you they were a hoot. Those people in Canda are the friendliest folks I have ever met. Everybody was so warm and friendly and inviting. I love Canda.<--still not misspelling the country.
I really have to do s short version of this trip or this blog entry could be 45 pages long. LOL
Lightsy did a much better job of condensing in her blog.
I'll post some pictures later this week and I will update more info there too. I'm still jetlagged and things are running together and blurred.
Anyhow, we got to go out on the boat at Lightsy's lake. Dusterboy got to pee off the boat. I couldn't bring myself to try so by the time we got back to the cottage I about peed myself. Did I mention the outhouse? I loved using the outhouse. *giggle* That sounds sarcastic but I really did enjoy it just because I had never used one before.
I'll end this blog entry for now with this...
I had a wonderful time. Loved the company, loved the country and loved all of my new experiences. Lightsy and Dusterboy could not have been better hosts. I felt right at home.
A friend asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and without hesitation and without even pausing my answer was "spending time with my wonderful friends." Everything I experienced on my trip was fantastic but nothing was better than the quality time that we got to pack into such a short amount of time.
Thank you Lightsy, Dusterboy, Breezy and the wonderful people of Canada. It was a weekend I will not forget. *smooches* I love you all dearly.

32 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

*evil eye* I'll make sure to proof read everything when you're going to be around again.

*smooch* to Lightsy and Dusterboy! Thanks for the wonderful time and memories.

10/02/2007 6:30 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Oh and guess what we'll be having for dinner tonight? *grin* I bought cheese curds.

10/02/2007 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys. It just makes me sit here and smile and feel all sappy happy for you all.

Happy Belated Birthday to Breezy. Yes, I know I have the list. I suck.

And apparently I have a foul mouth? WTF. *giggle*

10/02/2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger kevingrout said...

Sounds like a great trip -> of course, you were in Canada, so that's to be expected :-)

And yay! Breezy likes cheese curds!

10/02/2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww! Sounds wonderful!!!! Glad you are back, Breezy didn't kill you and Lightsy didn't kidnap you. Can't wait to hear more and see pics.

*smooch*

10/02/2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I think Lightsy was not about to kidnap either of us. She may have been ready to have her house and her peace back. *snort*
I want to have PooTeen for dinner. *grin*

10/02/2007 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does sound awesome. Well, except for the moose and the walleye.

10/02/2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

So glad you had a good time. Yay for 4-wheeling! I love my quad.

I still want to try poutine.

10/02/2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger momma said...

So, I have to ask. What did walleye taste like?

And how is it you've never been 4wheeling???

10/02/2007 7:38 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Walleye tasted like a very mellow white fish. Not even like fish. I guess I would compare it to maybe shark or cod.
I live in the city. Where would I go 4 wheeling? *snort*

10/02/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger byoffer said...

:(

I am very sad to have missed out on the meet and all the fun. I even cheat at cards too.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and the poutine.

~by

10/02/2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*boggle* people have never had walleye?

10/02/2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm so, so glad the trip went so well. It was awesome of you to make the trek. *smooch*

10/02/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and happy belated birthday to BREEEEEEEEZY!

10/02/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Walleyes don't live down here, silly Breezy.

Happy Belated Birthday, MidgetGirl. *smooch*

10/02/2007 8:28 AM  
Blogger momma said...

And Bravie? Now that you've experienced a four wheeler, would you like to contribute to the Rottens Need 4Wheelers Fund?

10/02/2007 8:28 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Walleye is one of my favorite fishies.

10/02/2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Asrai said...

I? Am so jealous of your fun. But I am so happy for you...quality friend time is the best! Karen wants to know when you're coming to see us? I think she's jealous, too!

10/02/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Everything sounds great but the eating of moose. Me no likely moosie.

You should have brought your Woodswoman funnel, Bravie, then you could have peed off the side of the boat too.

I don't believe Lights cheated at cards. Breezy maybe - but not my Lights!

10/02/2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Are you kidding me? She made up the gawd damned rules as she went along. And the rules were written right there in front of us. WTF is that? *huff*
*grin*

10/02/2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there was NO party while you were gone. None at all. :)

10/02/2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I can second that yes, Lightsy cheats. *giggle*

10/02/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Yay! You're back too!

*smooch*

Even though I was in Canada too, I missed you. Sounds like a wonderful time.

10/02/2007 12:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What is a raclette?

Sounds like such a fun time! I'm not jealous at all. *sniff*

Happy Belated, breezy!

10/02/2007 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled walleye. It's a fish. That explains it for me.

10/02/2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I've never heard of walleye. I always learn something in your blog. Awesome trip!! I need pictures...

10/02/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Em B said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun!!

10/02/2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Soooooooo glad you had a great time, although I knew you would. Also glad you finally got to see a beautiful part of Canda and WOW, you finally got to try poutine and you actually like it. Yummy stuff, eh?

DH & I laughed at you enjoying the outhouse. Icky.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

10/03/2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

*sniff* that sounded so nice and warm and fuzzy Bravie! Did you get to wear your parka?

Happy Belated birthday Breezy!

All you peeps that have not heard of or eaten walleye are just missing out. Like cheese curds.

10/03/2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger Cutsy said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I've never heard of Walleye but that doesn't surprise me since I don't like to eat fish. Cheese curds? I'll have to try them I guess.

10/03/2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I can't believe so many of you have never heard of walleye. Maybe I just know because my dad loved fishing so much. I've never eaten it though, because, well, the thought of eating fish makes me want to urp.

10/03/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Last night I wrote a detailed reply but blogger ate it. *pout* I'm going to try again in a condensed version. It may have been the POTI that killed my long-winded reply. *snort*

Not all outhouses are as much fun as ours. *snicker*

Carey isn't the best co-pilot from what I heard.

I'm not a fucking cheater. *snort*

Dusterboy says that Breezy probably didn't get to see much of the beautiful countryside because I was driving too fast on the 4 wheeler. *rolls eyes*

My friends LOVED Breezy and Carey. I couldn't help but giggle hearing them call her Breezy.

Carey could have peed in the porta-potty (aka live well) but forgot I'd told her about that. *grin*

I had an absolute blast this past weekend with Breezy and Carey. They are even more fun in person than they are here. It was a completely comfortable couple of days and I wish we could have had more time together. My RL girlfriend is already talking about going with me to visit them in their hometowns.

Oops, getting long-winded again. *grin*

10/03/2007 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home