Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Holidays

Whatever it is that you celebrate, or don't, I hope that your time is a peaceful and happy one.
I am not working on Monday so that will give me a chance to do all my lst minute little things. Monday night we will be going to Michelle's brother's house for the family Christmas Eve. I think my SIL said there will be about 40 people. The wonderful thing about Michelle's family is that they never ever leave out the extended family. So all of the siblings and their spouses and their spouses families are invited to be a part of the celebration.
Tuesday morning each of us will go to our respective parent's houses for the day and then Michelle will end up coming to my parent's house for dinner. We have done it this way ever since we got together. We figure that there aren't any children involved with us and both of us are pretty firm in the want to spend Christmas Day with our parents. My parents will also have my surrogate Grandmother and her son and his wife over for dinner, too. (surrogate because she has known us since we were kids and her own grandchildren live far away and she loves us like family)
And then Wednesday it will be back to work.
After the first of the year, I am hoping to make some changes in my life. They aren't resolutions per se, just goals that I would like to work towards. If I succeed, I will be happy. If I don't, I refuse to beat myself up over it.
1. I would like to put serious effort back into getting in shape. So there will be a change in my diet and excercise.
2. I am going to attempt to quit smoking. Probably not great while dieting but hey, why not get all the bitch over with at one time. *grin*
3. I want to start seriously looking for another job. Unfortunately, for the past 12+ years I have had a very specific job that is specific to my industry. If I were a bookkeeper, I could go to any kind of company and apply. Unfortunately I can't go to just any place and ask if they are hiring for a print estimator or health and safety manager that is specific to the printing industry. We'll see what I come up with.
4. Money management. I am going to take Breezy's advice and work out a serious budget for myself on Quicken or whatever program it is that is on my computer. I honestly don't make bad money, I just manage it poorly.
5. I would like to possibly get involved in a certain charity. There are two that interest me. One is PFLAG. The other is a Habitat for Humanity type organization. It's actually habitat but this particular sector is all women. It focuses on women and is 100% operated by women. All of the volunteers are also women. It isn't a lesbian organization, just all women.
6. Getting back into the swing of things. In the past year I have let some of my relationships slip through the cracks. I have not been as present on an intimate level as I used to be. Now that Michelle and I are getting back on track and I have reorganized my priorities, I feel that I can start to be "present" again. I'm feeling as if I have more to give than just bitching and complaining about how fucked up my job, relationship and life are.
7. Last but not least is my relationship. I haven't gone into any detail here other than to say that Michelle and I have been having problems. After a lot of tears and heartache and pain, we appear to be on track again. Or at least getting back on track. This is my number one priority this year. Restoring our relationship.

Edited to add some important updates.
Boo is now Sectretary to POTI (for those who don't know, Monsty knighted me POTI, President of The Internet). In the future if you are asking for internet related things, please address my St. POTI (secretary to POTI). She thinks the ST stands for saint. Don't tell her any differently.
Nutz and Nookie sent me cookies. Lots of yummy cookies and shortbreads and fudge and lemon bars. There are none left. Thank you ladies for the extra pounds.
Also, Boo and Weltek and myself are going to join a commune. We are going to become hippies and Boo is going to smoke weed with me. We are going to walk around saying "Groovy man". Please join us if you would like. Submit applications to St. POTI.

29 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

Please tell me you are going to use deodorant on your commune. There is nothing ickier than a smelly hippy.

I have off until the 31st. I am beyond thrilled! *hops*

I made about 4 dozen cookies and I seem to be the only one eating them. *glares at AugieDad*

*SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH*

12/21/2007 4:41 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

We don't need deodorant. We will cover ourselves in pachouli. :)

12/21/2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Happy Holidays!!! *smooch*

12/21/2007 5:28 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

You are lucky to have so many families to be with over the holidays!

Augie, this is why hippies go naked a lot - so their deodorant-free bodies can air out naturally. (I ODed on pachouli back in the 60s. Naked is better.)

*hums 59th Street Bridge song*

12/21/2007 5:49 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I wish you much luck with all of your goals! *smooooooooch*

Patchouli makes me gag, btw.

Merry Christmas! *swalt*

12/21/2007 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patchouli (also patchouly or pachouli) is both a plant and an essential oil (paatchouli oil) obtained from the leaves of a plant of the same name. The scent of patchouli is heavy and strong. It has been used for centuries in perfumes, and is grown in the East and West Indies. The word derives from the Tamil patchai பச்சை (green), ellai இலை (leaf).

See, this is why I have a new role. Bravie dictates things, and I translate them.

12/21/2007 6:33 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Michelle hates pachouli more than just about any other scent. Totally gags her. She will have to stay on the other side of the commune.

12/21/2007 6:34 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

And? Boo rocks.

12/21/2007 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, where to start.

Merry Christmas. That is what I celebrate, I know it's what you celebrate, so no PC BS from me.

I am glad that you and Michelle have such an arrangment that works for the holidays. And I think it's totally cool about her parents. They just sound like totally cool parents.

1. I know a GREAT place you can go for support in this regard.

2. Yay!

3. Me too. All of that.

4. No comment. You are my twin today in this regard.

5. PFLAG: Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG) is a national non-profit organization with over 200,000 members and supporters and over 500 affiliates in the United States. This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced and serviced by the PFLAG national office, located in Washington, D.C., the national Board of Directors and 13 Regional Directors.

I assume that is what PFLAG is. I think they are both worthy of your involvement.

7. Yay for you and Michelle. *smooch* to you both.

Did you say something about me being a saint? Groovy.

Oh, and yay for cookies.

12/21/2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger kevingrout said...

So do we address St. POTI here, or do we have to go to her blog to make requests? Or should I be asking St. POTI about this too?

I'm so confused.

Merry Christmas!

12/21/2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Wow, I'm glad Boo came along with the pachouli description. I was feeling out of the loop.

I think the getting in shape thing should happen AFTER we meet up again and eat at Fridays. I want more fried green beans. :)

I'm really happy that other things seem to be working out, or better...you know what I mean.

*love*
*smooch*

12/21/2007 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All issues should be printed or typed on lime green stationary and sent directly to me. Based on content, I will decide what is forwarded to the POTI.

12/21/2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Just checking in to wish you the best, Carey.

I hope you succeed with your goals. I have a few too. *smooches*

12/21/2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

I'm all out of lime green paper, so I'll just post here.

PL used to have a Cedar-Patchouli scent. It actually smelled good, unlike Patchouli on it's own, IMO.

I'm excited to hear they progress you are making on your goals for 2008 Carey. I know you can achieve all of them.

I just want 2008 to be a better year than 2007 was. Aside from becoming a blogger, and watching my kids become better swimmers, 2007 sucked.

I would love to join you on the commune, but I have a few rules. No weed, cause we have random drug testing at my work. We must wear deodorant. No tents. No outhouses. I want standard bathrooms. And silverware, and napkins. I can't eat without napkins.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

12/21/2007 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you go "tenting" with Weltek, you never go back.

12/21/2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger lights said...

Dusterboy wants to join the commune. I'll sit with Michelle away from the patchouli. :D

I'll be your quit smoking partner come January. Dusterboy will be smoke free for 4 weeks on Monday and I'm gearing up to quit soon too. I'm down to a pack a week so it shouldn't be too bad.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you and Michelle are getting back on track. Sometimes rough spots make a relationship stronger. This I know.

Love you Carey. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas!

BFF1a

12/21/2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

Merry Christmas! *smooch*

Swami brought up something that created a question for me... will this commune be a nudist commune?

12/21/2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Will there be men at this commune?

Have a great Christmas Carey and I wish you all the best for your goals in 2008.
*SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH*

12/21/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

1. I had to google "patchouli."
2. I agree with Swami-very lucky to have extended families that include even more extended families; not excluding anyone.
3. I have a bunch of weeds in the backyard for your commune.
What?

Merry Christmas!!

12/21/2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Cutsy said...

I love extended family and as ours get smaller and smaller each year I truly appreciate the people in my life.

As for your plans for the new year I will admit to making some of the same goals- diet, exercise and close relationships. My dh and I celebrated our 17th anniversary this year and we struggle sometimes but one of my goals for 2008 is to work to get us back on track as well.

You are a great blog/OT friend and I hope you know how wonderful you are! Merry Christmas.

12/21/2007 9:28 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*giggle* I love Lightsy, she made me giggle.

12/22/2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Those are some great goals you've set for yourself. I hope you get everything you want in the new year!

Have a very merry holiday!

*smooch*

12/22/2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger moon said...

Ooooh hey, nice place ya got here :)

As a new blog address gift I brought you a whoopie cushion because sometimes making all those "armpit" fart noises can chafe, lol.

Merry Christmas to all!

12/23/2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Merry Whatevertheheck to you too!

12/24/2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Merry Christmas Bravie!

Best of luck to you on your new goals! I haven't set goals for a long time... probably should! Thanks for the inspiration!

*off to the airport at midnight to pick up my dad*

*toothpicks holding eyes open...

12/24/2007 11:06 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

merry christmas bravie!

12/25/2007 6:02 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

A very, merry Christmas! I'll ditto your resolutions and add mine: I want to be more holiday oriented (I didn't have one Christmas light or anything this year).

I'm in on the commune. I've longed for a time when I could share daily duties with people I love.

12/26/2007 5:51 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

1. You can do it!
2. YOu can do it!
3. You can do it!
4. You can do it!
5. You can do it!
6. You can do it!
7. You can do it!

8. Pass the joint.

12/30/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I am so glad you and Michelle are back on track, it's tough when there are problems. Wish you Love!

Oh and all the hippy talk made me laugh. ( and Pam made me snort)

1/01/2008 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home