Saturday, May 31, 2008

Busy Me.

It has been and will continue to be busy for me. I have barely had time to think. I love it!!!!
Yesterday after work I spent about four hours with my Mom. She recently started Weight Watchers and was having some problems from the get go. So I went to her house and had a mini boot camp and grocery shopping session with her. After four hours, I think we have her on track. This makes me happy.
Today, we are working the local Art & Wine festival with my parents. My Dad is big in the Rotary Club and he and all of his best friends are the big cookers at events like this. So Michelle and I will go and schlep weenies and soda for him all day. We start at 10:00am and committed ourselves to a full day, up to 7:00pm tonight.
Tomorrow we will be helping Michelle's brother and his wife move. We spent last weekend getting their new home into shape so they can move in and this weekend is move in weekend.
Monday we go to the paint store because we are painting our living room. We are having the house recarpeted and since we quit smoking, we want to paint at least the living room. We want to do that ASAP because we really have no clue when the installer will be installing the new carpet. (He is doing it for free so whenever he has the time in between his paid side jobs he will let us know. We just need to be prepared)
Next weekend is the Kenny Chesney concert and then that Wednesday we leave for Vegas for four days. I think we have one free weekend in June and that's it.
We are also going to see Billy Idol in June. The Pride parade is that same weekend and so is another concert that we are going to. (Cyndi Lauper and The B-52's)
I love being busy. *happy sigh*

7 Comments:

Blogger CQ said...

Lesbians are so handy when it comes to things like moving furniture.

5/31/2008 8:20 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Wow, you're quite the helpful duo, aren't you? I guess being busy is ok. I personally hate having all me weekends booked up in advance. I love it when there is *nothing* going on and I can stay home, lol.
Anyways, as long as you manage to find one little itty bitty night for me sometime this summer, we're all good. :)

*smooch*

Have fun!

p.s. and good for your mom! I'm sure she'll do great especially now that she has your help.

5/31/2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*snorrrrrrrrrt* Monsty cracks me up.


It's very good to be busy.

5/31/2008 2:33 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Wow! Lots of family stuff and fun stuff. I remember when you worked the Art and Wine festival last year.

5/31/2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Need some help painting? I'll send Dave over. I'm ready for a weekend of nothing to do. I had one this weekend but my neice was here all weekend so I had to entertain her.

6/01/2008 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially since lesbians have personal U-Hauls.

Yay for being busy. I don't like being busy at all. I think I used to, but I don't now.

You have exhausted me. You are a good daughter and sister-in-law.

6/02/2008 7:29 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm not a fan of being busy, so could you come over and:
1) Go to see Indiana Jones
2) Have dinner with FIL
3) Put my tomato cages out
4) Cook something for Fly-in event

Thanks!

I bet that really helped your mom to have you go over & get her on track. Probably helped you, too.

I'm jealous of Billy Idol. Sounds like mega-fun!

6/02/2008 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home