Monday, December 05, 2005

That's what friends are for

Where do I begin?
Friday:
Michelle and I arrived at the hotel and waited for my first sistah to arrive. When Nookie got there, I almost hit the floor. You really have no idea how gorgeous she is. No idea.
Anyhow, she walked into the lobby and I gave her a very short hello (long story but I needed to go to the liquor store real fast). Nookie went up and unpacked and then came to our room where we ate pizza, drank beer, chatted and waited for the rest of the sistahs to arrive.
Finally, Breezy, Glow and Jen showed up and we all did our hugs and hellos and immediately started drinking and laughing and chatting like a bunch of sorority sisters. We took pictures, to be posted later and just had a wonderful time talking it up. It was as if we had all known each other forever. Just so easy to get along and talk.
I have no clue what time everyone left the room that night. I passed out around 1:30am, they tell me.
Saturday,we all go tothe reception hall and help Glow with the decorating and then finally Augie showed up. Now everyone who was going to be there, was there. YAY!!!!!!!!
After decorating we went and did the things we all had to do and then we got ready for the party.

The Party:
We all walked into the hall and were greeted by the BEAUTIFUL bride. Glowie looked so gorgeous. Shawn is absolutely lucky to have her as a bride. Just beautiful.
What a great reception. Lots of booze, lots of dancing, lots of pictures, lots of fun. We spent the entire evening just cutting loose and having a wonderful time.
Some people *looks around* got a little wild on the dance floor and I'm not sure that we, I mean they, will be invited back to Pittsburgh anytime soon. Our group was pretty much the only group dancing all night long and so we were in clear view of everyone. *giggles*
Beware of Nookie when she drinks schnaaaaaps. That's all I'm saying. *grin*
So much happened that I really can not chronicle it all. But I will say that the highlight of the night for me was the last dance. The DJ obviously picked up on our friendship with Glow and he dedicated the last song to the bride and her girls. The seven of us connected to each other in a circle, hugging to the song "That's what friends are for". A song that will forever be connected to that moment in my mind. We just went around the circle and gave each other a kiss and we each sang the song and looked into one another's eyes and it pure perfection. The night could not have ended on a better note.
And although I wish all could have been there, I need to on an extremely personal note, say that I wish Monsty could have been there. Monsty is one of two of my first sistahs. I love her dearly and she was in my heart all weekend. *smooch*
What a wonderful weekend. One that is frozen in my brain for the rest of my life. Thank you all for such a memorable and fun and love filled weekend. I love you all dearly and this weekend just added to my love for each and every one of you.

20 Comments:

Blogger Glowie said...

As I said via email this morning, it was 99.99% perfect. Monsty's presence would have completed that 100%.

*smooch* I love "my girls". Loved that DJ too.

12/05/2005 10:06 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Awww, Carey, it sounds like you guys had a great time. Many of us are envious of you all. I must say, at the end of your post, a very little tear came to my eyes.

Now, I'll have to think of something a) manly and b) snarky to post..... later.

12/05/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/05/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Nookie got trashed?

Glow Pop, I heard you looked breath-taking and my biggest disappointment over not being there was not being able to see your happiness.


Oh, how my heart ached not being there. You have no idea. But! With us, out of site, NEVER, EVER out mind.

12/05/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Nicely done Carey! I am so glad you all had a great time. Was there any doubt that Glowie would look so wonderful?

I am anxiously awaiting pictures!

12/05/2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Awww! This is so sweet! I'm all vaklempt thinking of that song. So glad a wonderful time was had by all.

What a special day!

12/05/2005 10:33 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*puts on her best innocent look*

LOL. Give me a couple of schnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps shots and I'm on the dance floor being wild dancing the macarena *SNORT*

Beautiful post Carey. It really is hard to sort the whole weekend out. So many awesome moments, but I do agree, that last song was indeed special.

I love you so much Carey and Michelle was truly awesome.

*smooooooooooooch*

P.S. I missed Monsty also *sniffle*

12/05/2005 10:34 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That was a beautiful recap. Makes me feel like I was almost on the dance floor getting my freak on with yall. Sounds like you all had a great time. I'm jealous. Everyone keeps saying how beautiful Nookie is. Is this a joke or is she really this hot? Can't wait to see the pics of all of you. Sounds like a wonderful time.

12/05/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Glad everyone had a great time. Too bad we couldn't make it.

12/05/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger mm said...

She's really hot, Sonya.

Carey, thank you for retelling it like that for us. I can picture so much of it and cannot wait to see the pics.

Glad you all had a wonderful time.

*smooches*

12/05/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! Nookie gets the beauty queen award. LOL!

Carey really did tell the story well. You can really imagine you were there.

12/05/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/05/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

I actually brought my cell phone in the house and I am still waiting for your call.

12/05/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

*points up*

Yeah, what she said.

(actually, breezy said my number was wrong or something, and that you all tried to call. *pout* that I missed it.)

12/05/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger lights said...

Someone wanna pass me a tissue? That was beautiful Carey. I want more though. I hope you and the rest of the girls will share more over the next few days and weeks.

Nookie! Not the Macarena! That dance is evil! Last time I danced the Macarena I needed knee surgery to repair the damage. *giggle*

12/05/2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time! Looking forward to pics.

I'm going to try to live vicariously, instead of being gellus.

:D

*smooches* to all

12/05/2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Schnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppps!

*grin*

I love all my sistahs! *smooch*

12/05/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Sounds like it was fun all around. I bet you all are glad you got out of there before the snow hit!

12/05/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Oh Carey, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the details with the rest of us.

So, the townfolks are still talking about those crazy sistahs!?! Wonderful!

12/06/2005 5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics. So glad you gals had so much fun.

12/06/2005 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home