Monday, October 09, 2006

Little People, Big World

The new season started this weekend. *grin* Such a great show and I'm so happy it's back for another season.
Premise: The Roloff family. Mom and Dad are little people and they have four children. The youngest is their son Jacob, then there is their daughter Molly and then there are their twin sons Jermeny and Zach. Zach is also a little person.
This show follows their lives on their farm in Oregon. Mom (Amy) is the one who worries about a steady income and having things fall into place and wanting them to be financially stable. Dad (Matt) is a dreamer who doesn't need the stability. But somehow he always makes sure that it works. They are living the American dream.
At first when I started to watch this program I was very hung up on them being midgets. But after watching the entire season last year, that is almost a sidestory and I'm not at all hung up on that anymore. This is just an awesome American family with all of the same problems as the rest of us and then some.
If every family in the world could be like the Roloffs, this world would be a much better place. They are interactive with each other, they love each other, they stick by each other, they work together to resolve anything that comes their way. They get along, they fight, they make up. And at the end of the day, they are a loving and supportive family.
Really, if you get TLC on your cable lineup, you should check out this show. It airs on Saturday nights. Check it out.

21 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I keep seeing commercials for it, and I always think of you. Heh. I've never had the urge to watch it though. Maybe I'll give it a try.

10/09/2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I have watched this a few times & surprisingly enjoyed it. I am happy it was renewed and you can watch til your heart's content. :-)

10/09/2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

You really should check it out, Jen. It is very enjoyable.
See? Kim enjoyed it. *grin*

10/09/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

We watched quite a few episodes. I don't think we watched the whole season.

10/09/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

I've watched it a couple of times. Not really into it. *shrugs*

10/09/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger mm said...

damnit. Blogger ate my big comment about the adorable midget at my kids school. I'll rewrite it later.

10/09/2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I tried to watch it last year, on your recommendation - but I didn't like the dad. He grated on me big time.

10/09/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I really ahted the Dad in the beginning. I thought he was a lazy good for nothing bastard. But as the series went along, I realized that he wasn't the asshole that I thought he was. He gets annoying at times because he can get pretty bossy but I now consider it to be part of his charm.

10/09/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

I love this show!

I agree about the dad. Actually he is quite amazing and his personality helped get him where he is.

They are one cool family. You can tell their kids and their kids friends love to hang out with them.

10/09/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I loved how Matt decided to go back to a 9 to 5 job so that Amy could feel more secure. Because I know that a 9 to 5 job is NOT what he wants. But good for him for doing what was best for the family.
And good for Amy for knowing that he is such a free spirit and that even though she wants him to have a steady job, she agrees that holding him back would not be good for anybody.

10/09/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I don't care if you're a midget or not. When one has a family, you don't have the luxury of being a free-spirit.

Aside from that, I watched a couple of the shows last year and didn't get into it. I see the commercials for this season. I doubt I'll watch it.

10/09/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Nooks, while he is a free spirit, he was still providing for the family. Amy did have to take a couple of jobs too, just so that she could feel secure. But it wasn't as if he was doing nothing.
They own a farm and so there was income coming in from the farm. A pumpkin patch, peach groves and such.
They also rent out the farm for corporate picnics and such. The farm is way cool. Way cool.
He also has his own business. He sells equipment to hotels that help to aid little people when they are in hotels.

10/09/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I think Nookie is just a midget hater. *snort*

10/09/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Aha! I bet he sells little ice machines to hotels with signs on them that only hotel guests can get ice from them! I KNEW IT!

*giggle*

10/09/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort*

For those of you not in the know, Nookie is an ice thief. I've seen it with my own eyes.

10/09/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yes!!!! I forgot to gloat about my 49ers kicking the Raiders asses. *hops*

10/09/2006 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I have no idea what I do on Saturday nights. Perhaps I'll Tivo it and save it for a rainy day.

10/09/2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Okay, that last comment makes no sense because I was responding to Boo, who posted in the other thread, not this one.

10/09/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

We even have proof LOL.

10/09/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yes we do. *big grin*

10/09/2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

I lvoe this show...glad to see its back

10/12/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home