Sunday, January 07, 2007

Reminder to Self

Socializing can be fun. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that. :)
We were invited to a party that my neighbor was throwing last night and we sort of said yes out of obligation. That and the fact that we are neighbors and we couldn't very well say that we weren't going to be home.
We like our neighbor and we like her boyfriend (who the party was for) but we weren't going to know anybody else there and so we were sort of feeling like we were going to be fish out of water. I'm not the most outgoing person IRL so wandering around a party and seeking small talk with a bunch of strangers who all know each other is NOT at the top of my list. Especially when playoff football is on tv.
We ended up having a great time. I do better socially than I think I do. And I didn't even find myself glued to michelle's side hoping that she would do all of the talking to the strangers. *grin*
And a big plus is that the guest of honor was as interested in the football game as I was so a couple of times he would grab my hand and lead me upstairs (heh, that sounds kind bad) so we could check out the game.
All in all, it was a very good time and I have to remember that I am not as socially retarded as I give myself credit for.
I do however have a massive headache today and a little dizziness going on so I won't be moving around much today. How on earth I let my neighbor talk me into doing straight shots of vodka is beyond me. *gag* *yawn*

13 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I feel the same way about being socially retarded and gluing myself to Mr. Puffy's side.

1/07/2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Drinking and walking home is dangerous for you. Who carried you this time? *grin*

1/08/2007 5:08 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I walked home just fine all on my own, tyvm.

1/08/2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Exactly how far is it from your front door to theirs? *grin*

1/08/2007 6:15 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

5 doors down, Momma. *grin* (city doors, not country doors)

Great, now I have the Dolly Parton song in my head.
"Two doors down, they're drinking and laughing and having a party. Two doors down, they're not aware that I'm around"

1/08/2007 6:19 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yay for you! Chris is the same way. He always grumbles about going to parties or bar gatherings (that aren't HIS idea), but then ends up having a good time.

1/08/2007 6:25 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I really did have a good time. It was nice to see neighbor girl relax. She is normally very very uptight and not sure how to relax. Giver her a couple of lemoncellos (sp) and a couple of shots of vodka and she really lets her hair down. It was fun to see her like that.

1/08/2007 6:27 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Sometimes fun happens when you least expect it. I like that. It evens out for the times you try & try and nothing.

Lol at going up to the bedroom with neighbor's bf.

1/08/2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Glad you had a good time!

*shudders at thought of vodka shots*

1/08/2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I'm pretty socially retarded myself. Glad you had a good time. *smooch*

1/08/2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

So this means you will reconsider your position on me "being too damn social with people" in Boston last summer?

Where are you? I feel like you are not online and it is bothering me.

1/08/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Bothering You?!?!?!? I can never find you when I need you anymore. So this is just payback.

1/08/2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Don't mind me...
Just paying my toll.

Ka-Ching!

1/08/2007 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home