Friday, February 16, 2007

Preliminary update

Shug is home. I will post pictures of her war wound tomorrow. She is very groggy and is walking like I do when I have had too many to drink. She went straight to her food when she got home which was a very good sign. I think she wants me to cuddle with her in her bed though because everytime I touch her she just puts her little head in my hand and sighs and then leans into me. So I'm going to cuddle with her until she's asleep.
Thank you for all the good thoughts. So far so good. I just want to cry everytime I look at her though because she just looks sad. I'm sure if she were human she would be crying and asking Mommy to take care of her.
Thank you again, everybody. I'm happy to say that today turned out fine. Before I go and cuddle with my baby, I'm going to make a huge drink. :)

Updated to add a picture of the victim:

18 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

*sigh of relief*

I am so relieved she's home. I remember our cats having to have cysts removed (or maybe abscesses?) and being all groggy when they got home. It's awful to see that. I have to think they feel better, though. Shug is lucky to have you, and her age is a clear result of that.

*smooches for Kitty and mom*

2/16/2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Yay! Glad Shug made it through surgery and is home safe and sound.

2/16/2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

*raises beer to Shuggah*

She will be fine. She just needs to take it easy, as anyone would after having surgery. A good nights sleep cuddling with her mommy will do her good. :)

2/16/2007 8:12 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

*smooch*
So glad everything is fine.

2/16/2007 9:13 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Whew! Just play "The Color Purple" for her and she'll be fine.

2/16/2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Yay!

*big sigh of relief*

2/17/2007 5:52 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

ACK! Poor baby! That's a huge wound on such a tiny face.

*gentle smooches*

2/17/2007 6:13 AM  
Blogger momma said...

OUCH! That just looks like it would hurt. Poor Shug.

2/17/2007 7:08 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Awwwwwww poor wittle baby.

*baby smooches*

2/17/2007 7:26 AM  
Blogger lights said...

Awwww, that brought tears to my eyes. Poor baby. So glad to hear Shug is doing well and is getting lots of love and attention from Mommy.

Holly sends healing licks, even though Shug is a...cat. *wink*

*hugs for Mom*

2/17/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ouchy! Poor Shug. That does not look like it feels good. :(

2/17/2007 9:08 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*gentle headbutt* for Shug

...and {{{hugs}}} for you!

2/17/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Oh, poor kitty! That looks so painful!

*gentle smooches*

2/17/2007 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Shug!!

*Extra smooches*

2/17/2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger mm said...

No cone? Ours would have to wear one or they would try to scratch...

Poor kitty!

2/17/2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

It looks like a nice, clean incision to me, Bravie. No local discoloration or nasty puffiness. Good job, Vet!

How is Shug this morning?

2/19/2007 3:49 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wow, that's a huge incision (sp?)! She looks good otherwise, so I'm glad it went well *smooch*

2/19/2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Awwww

Hugs for mommies and Shug.

Having your pet go in for surgery is very much like having one of your kids go in. Heres for a good full cuddly recovery.

2/20/2007 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home