Thursday, March 08, 2007

Goodbyes suck

I am just soooo not good at goodbye. *sigh* Never have been, never will be. I'm not a big crybaby most of the time but Goodbye does it to me every fucking time. Especially when it's such good friends.
I just dropped off Breezy and Breezygirl at the airport and as usual I had a hard time keeping myself together. I guess the good things is that Breezygirl was there so I was forced to keep myself composed. Until I was alone in my car. *sob*
We didn't have a lot of time together but it's still wonderful to get to see my friend.
Now I'm off to meet Michelle at her work and we are going with our niece who is getting her first tattoo. It's Michelle's Goddaughter and we are very close with her and she really wanted us to be there with her when she got the tat. We were going to get one too but we aren't going to have enough time for us to get one. *pout*
Anyhow, I hope you're all having a good day. Mine has been good and bad. Good because Breezy and Breezygirl were here, bad because I had to say goodbye.
Glow can back me up on how bad I am at goodbyes. *sob*

12 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

*hugs*

3/08/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

You need to find a silly word to say instead of goodbye. Like "Peas and Doritos!"

3/08/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

hmmm. How could I back you up? I don't remember you ever having a difficult time leaving me.

*smirk*

3/08/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

P.S. You never came to get me! I have my tattoo all drawn up and everything. *stomp*

3/08/2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger mm said...

I agree. Goodbyes suck.

*sobs with Carey*
*in preparation for my next goodbye*

3/08/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger lights said...

Pack lots of clothes when you come to visit. That way you'll never have to say goodbye.

*hugs*

I'm not good at goodbyes either. I always get all choked up. Most of the time it's just not pretty.

3/08/2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Oh, it's not pretty with me either, Lights. Notice Glow's smirk in her comment. The first time I had to say goodbye to her and Breezy I was an absolute mess.

I don't necessarily expect anyone to read the rest of this. It's more of a therapy for myself and a reminder to myself. So sorry.

I'm feeling a little bit better about my goodbye today.
My neighbor is a philosophy major and she and I have been sort of talking about the meaning of happiness lately. She said that I need to learn to put positive spins on all situations and to start trying to find the good things. That we create our own misery and happiness. So today I called her after dropping off the Breezys and I asked her how to put a positive spin on dropping off your best friend who lives 3000 miles away and already missing her. She said "Think of the people who don't have a best friend. Think of the people who just want to be loved by anybody and who want to be surrounded by people who love them. Whether online or in everyday life. You have a gift that many people wished that they had"
I stopped crying as soon as she said that. Because she is right. I am lucky. I have so much in my life and I often am so wrapped up in being unhappy that I don't really see what is right under my nose.
So yes, I already miss Breezy but I just have to focus on the fact that I will see her again soon. And I will still get to talk to her whenever I want. And not just Breezy but all of my friends. I'm very lucky. I hope to really really understand that one day soon.

3/08/2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*HUGS* for you and your wonderful neighbor. She's absolutely right.

I also hate goodbyes that's why I'll try to make a quick getaway. The longer I linger, the more likely I'll start sobbing.

3/08/2007 6:14 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Smaht Bravie and Smaht neighbor. *hugs* Sometimes I cry at hellos, too.

3/08/2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

{hugs}
You know, you've said this before about good-byes, but I don't recall this being a problem when you dropped me at the airport. *paranoia strikes again*

So, what did your niece get for her tattoo?

3/08/2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Just because I don't lose it front of the people that I am dropping off, doesn't mean that I didn't lose it. :)

3/09/2007 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*makes note to pack box of Kleenex for SF trip*

*hugs*

3/09/2007 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home