Monday, April 23, 2007

Yaaaaaaaaaawn

We had a great time in Mexico. I can't go into great detail because it would be too long of a post. But there was lots of food, lots of booze, lots of sun and lots of relaxing.
The big snafoo came last night when we were supposed to fly home. As it turns out, there was a bolt missing that held the engine to the wing. Or something like that. Our flight got cancelled and we had to stay another night, come back to the airport this morning and hope that the plane was fixed. t's pretty bad when every single person on the flight did the sign of the cross as we took off. Even the non Catholics.
In any event, we made it home and we are exhausted. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

I got to do a little reading around here today. Yikes. What a week. I can't say that I'm sorry to have missed it. A big high five to Boo and MM. Speaking of...where is MM? And why haven't more of you updated? Is everybody staying away because of GAG? Or is everybody just busy? I hope it's the latter. I would hate to see one piece of poison run everybody off.

I see that Breezy and Monsty did not taint my blog too badly while I was gone. I'm still not sure about the 49er post. I believe my team was being insulted but I don't think a sistah would do that in my blog. *glares*

I was sad to hear about what happened at VT this past week. As a news junky, it was very interesting to see the kind of coverage that the US gets in other countries. We had BBC in our room and so it showed the BBC CNN. There was as much coverage in other countries about VT as I imagine there was here. Everytime I turned on the British TV, it was all about that tragedy. That and the French elections. OTOH, I only watched in the morning when Michelle was getting ready and late at night when we would go back to sleep. Oh, and when getting ready for dinner every night. I'm such a news junky.

Our trip...basically, we spent every single day in the sun. Either on the beach or by the pool. I have the most incredible tan. *big grin*
Michelle and I adopted a houseboy. His name is Roman and he was our gay cabana boy all week. His biggest dream is to come and visit SF and the Castro district. He saves every extra penny in a fund so that he can come out here and visit. We decided to adopt him and make him our houseboy. Heh, the simple things in life. He begged us to send him a loaf of sourdough bread. He said he would even take out of his SF fund if we would send him some. How cute is that? We got his address and we will be keeping in touch with him. And of course will be sending him bread every now and again.
I missed everybody and wish ya'll could have been there. *smoooooch* to all of my wonderful friends.

38 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

I'm glad you're back. I'm glad you had a good time. AND! I'm glad the engine stayed on the plane during the flight. Oy vey!

*big big smooch*

4/23/2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Oh! I am SUPER DUPER glad you found a cabana/houseboy. Very cool.

And seeing as how I am the first to post, it's quite obvious *I* missed you the most.

*SMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOCH*

4/23/2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Hey look! I'm the third person to post here, so I think I missed you the mostest, the second mostest, and the the third mostest.

*grin*

4/23/2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Welcome back! I am so gellus of your trip! ...and your tan... and your gay Mexican cabana boy to send bread to! *pout*

Yikes about the missing bolt!

4/23/2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Welcome home. Lucky to get to spend another night there. Glad the plane was glued together right.

4/23/2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Don't let Augie fool you. She wasn't the one thinking of your beloved 49ers in your absence. *grin*

Glad the trip was good, you found a boytoy (WHY does that not sound right?), and the plane trip was all together not so very frightening.

As for the rest, I'm glad you have a wonderful tan, fun, a pooty contest (again, WHY does that not sound quite right?), and lots of drinks.

*ssaaaaaaaamooooooooooooooooch*

4/23/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger momma said...

I updated. I was here. And, I know where mm is.

:P

4/23/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger momma said...

There was something else I was going to tell you, but I've forgotten.

4/23/2007 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I was around. *proud grin*

Please try not to laugh too hard next week when you see my paleness. I have just not been tanning the way I should. I'm going to try to get some in the next week.

And I really didn't need to read the part about the plane. I'm glad you are okay, and that they found it before takeoff. Hopefully you got some extra pool/sun time.

4/23/2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger frodis said...

Welcome back! I only made a little bit of fun of the 49ers.

I want a cabana boy. And a tan.

4/23/2007 7:12 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

I just want to point out that *I* did not make fun of the 49ers at all.

And I missed you mostest of all.
*smooch*

4/23/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you're back safely. I missed you the mostest.

4/24/2007 4:39 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Glad you had a good trip and you are back. Very cool to find a houseboy too. woo hoo

4/24/2007 4:47 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

So what did you bring me?

4/24/2007 4:58 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Share the wealth. Next time, bring back a gay cabana boy for everybody!

4/24/2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I miss my gay cabana boy. *pout*

4/24/2007 5:26 AM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Your cabana boy sounds divine! And cute too! Your vacation sounded exactly how a vacation should be. Sun. Relaxation. Good company. Cocktails. Yum! Glad you have fun and are relaxed. You definitely needed it. :)

4/24/2007 5:58 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*echos Breezy*

What'd you bring me?

4/24/2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think I *heart* Roman, too! He'd make an excellent houseboy for you.

I'm glad you had an excellent time. And thank you for the foreign news update. I also find that interesting.

This morning we finished off the loaf of sourdough I brought home. So unbelievably yummy.

4/24/2007 6:11 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Welcome Home!

4/24/2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Welcome back, Bravie! I thought everybody in California was fully tanned all the time? That's what we think in the Midwest anyway.

Lol at everyone crossing themselves on take-off--too funny! (Well, scarey - but funny too.)

Efidently when you leave blogworld becomes just a shadow of its former self. What's GAG?

4/24/2007 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sprints by while on a quick break*

4/24/2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you arrived safely and that you had a wonderful vacation.

I didn't make fun of the 49'ers either. *adjusts halo*

So, what'd ya bring me? *sits with momma and breezy*

4/24/2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Okay, I finally remembered what else I had to say. What is the big deal about sourdough bread in San Fran???

4/24/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I know around here, the sourdough bread doesn't have the sour tanginess SF sourdough does. And the crustiness of the crust is devine.

4/24/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*icky face* I don't like crust.

4/24/2007 9:33 AM  
Blogger momma said...

You just like the squishy inside??? *snort*

4/24/2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Maybe. *poke*

4/24/2007 10:46 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*poke*

I would have figured you for a firmer kinda bread girl.

4/24/2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I like others things firm. *waggles eyebrows*

4/24/2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*snicker*

4/24/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger momma said...

SKOR!!!!!!

Momma <-- crossblogging since 2:04 CST

4/24/2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

LMAO

Butterfinger!

4/24/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Apparntly short people have the dork gene, too.

4/24/2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger momma said...

CRUNCH!

4/24/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger momma said...

ALMOND JOY!

4/24/2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

TOFFAIY!

4/24/2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger momma said...

WTF is that?!

4/24/2007 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home