Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm now a believer

I tend not to believe the things that my senses can not prove to be true. My senses have now proved true. And honestly I am not sure how I feel about it. I thought I would be more scared. I'm a little unsettled but I'm not sure that I am scared.
Last week I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. My bathroom is right outside of our bedroom door. I go pee and as I am coming back to bed I could have sworn that I saw the silhouette of a little boy playing with toys next to our bed. I didn't trip out over it and I got back into bed. For the most part I had forgotten about it and actually chalked it up to a dream.
So anyhow, I have been hearing some noises around the house lately. Even Michelle has noticed some noises but again we just sort of dismissed it. Last night I was home alone and I kept hearing noises and when I would get up to check, nothing was there.
When Michelle got home I asked her if she thought it was possible for a ghost to suddenly appear in a house when it wasn't there before. She got a weird look on her face, said yes and then asked me why. So I told her about the little boy. She got a strange grin on her face and I asked her if she had ever seen anything before. Still grinning she said "No but someone else has"
GASP!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAH!!!! That? was NOT what I wanted to hear.
We have a friend who claims that she has seen spirits her entire life. This friend is not a quack and she is someone who I always thought believed herself about seeing spirits. I didn't necessarily believe that she did but I believed that she believed.
I asked Michelle not to go any further. I don't want to know where she saw the spirit, I don't want to know if it was male or female, I just don't want to know. Before I cut off Michelle, I did find out that M saw this spirit about two years ago and it was the first time she had ever been to our home. I also found out that it was not a child and that M has not seen the spirit since then. She told Michelle that as soon as she saw the spirit she told it to go away and that she didn't want that spirit to be here. And she has not seen it or any other spirit ever again.
I will admit that as soon as all of this came to light, I blushed a little bit because now I believe that that ghost in my shower really is a ghost who has been pinching my ass. How embarrassing is that?

15 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Maybe M could come back and do another house cleansing. :)

I don't believe in ghosts, but it is creepy to think there might be some in your house.

1/11/2008 8:12 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Jen, M does not like that she can see spirits. She gets freaked out everytime she does. So getting her to come over just for that purpose probably won't happen.
I was never a solid believer before. But after this episode, I really have no choice anymore but to believe since I have seen it with my own eyes. Waaaaaaaaah

1/11/2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

That's spooky. I'm on the fence about ghosts. I let my mind be open about the subject. I have to say that I've had a few occassions at home where I have heard someone call out my name. If DH is home, I'll ask if it was him but it never is.

I'm intrigued by the idea of ghosts and love a good ghost movie. However, to be honest, I think I would crap my pants if I ever saw one.

1/11/2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Noooooooks,
I honestly thought that if I ever saw a ghost that I would shit myself. That didn't happen. It was not at all scary and even looking back and thinking about it, I don't really feel totally freaked out about it. I told Breezy that I was a little embarrassed when I went poop this morning because I was worried that maybe I was being watched. But she said I am being silly and that ghosts don't judge and that I have nothing to worry about. *snort*

1/11/2008 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe in ghosts, so I believe you. At our old house, I would always see a man in our bedroom. I haven't seen him or anyone else here. But I believed he was there.

1/11/2008 1:17 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

{cowardly lion voice}
I do believe in spooks.
I do believe in spooks.
I do! I do! I do!
I do believe in spooks.
I do believe in spooks.
I do! I do! I do! I do!

1/11/2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Was the little boy ghost's name Casper?

1/11/2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Dork.

1/11/2008 2:53 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Ok, I'll admit, I had a cat haunt me once. *shudders at memory*

I don't like all this skeery ghost talk. *pout*

1/11/2008 5:15 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

I used to be open to the idea of ghosts even though I'd never saw one personally. That is, until I had my very own ghost!!

My ex and I were living in the country house (in Indiana) when I used to stay up late on the computer. The first time I saw "our ghost" I was a bit scared, to tell you the truth.

Our ghost was a little boy with long-ish hair and I originally thought it was a girl. I'd see him once every few days and eventually i got used to seeing him. Besides the first time, I have always felt a peace with him in the house. My ex saw him a handful of times and we never said anything to the kids, even though they would tell us that their friend was over playing with them. *ACK*

Once, when my family was visiting, my mom couldn't sleep so she came out to the couch. The next morning, she told me that Jess was up and came into the front room. My mom told her to go to bed, but she just stood there.

My ex and I looked at each other and I said "so, you've met our ghost!" and we told her about it. The last time I saw him before we moved into the city, I remember talking to him. I told him that we were getting ready to move soon and that if he was afraid of being lonely, he could go on home any time he wanted and that we wished him well.

To tell you the truth, I miss him. I know it sounds odd, but he was such a peaceful presence. During a rough point in my life, I came to count on those moments lat eat night when I had a bit of peace with my ghostly friend.

1/11/2008 5:26 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I believe you.
I have lived in not one, but 4 haunted houses, all with different kinds of activity.
You know, you can ask it to leave.
Mostly they mean no harm.
Interesting that you are only seeing it now, maybe you are more sensitive?

1/12/2008 7:50 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Here is what I have found out in the meantime.
Our friend, M, saw a tall and skinny man wearing a hat. She saw him in the downstairs hallway next to the bathroom that we have always called "the icebox". We call it that because no matter the weather, it is always freezing in that bathroom. Now I know why.
M said that she told that spirit to leave and that she has never seen it again since.
I have been hearing noises in the hall lately. Last night I told the noise to please leave my house because I had enough stress. LOL
I'm still hearing the noises.
I am pretty sure that the new cat brought the little boy spirit. I am going to wait to see if I see him again. I may or may not ask him to leave.
And no, this isn't because I quit smoking. I saw this little boy and started hearing the noises before we quit smoking.

1/12/2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I think ghosts are just little bubbles or burps in the space/time continuum. I also think that past present and future exist simultaneously but we are "stuck" in our past-to-future time track.

Have you ever read The Holographic Universe? Kind of like that.

1/15/2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

In the house we lived in when I was between 8-14 years old, there was a ghostly presence. Often my sister & I would hear noises, or feel odd feelings, and sometimes pans would move on the stove, but we never saw them actually move. They were on 1 burner and when I turned back around, they were on another burner.

My parents both experienced the same shadows in the stairwell going upstairs, at different times of day or night. And at the same time, the dogs would both sit up and look, and then lay back down.

1/15/2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally believe you. I grew up in a house that had lots of spiritual activity.

Hugs, and big ol' miss you smooches.

1/27/2008 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home