Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ode to my Duckling

I'm holding this place for a post about my date with our favorite author. From here forward she will be known as my Duckling. *giggle*

Ok, so life has been keeping very busy these days. I am hoping that at some point in the next week I will get to visit all of the blogs that I have been missing. *waves to everybody who I miss*

My date with my Duckling:
I'm not if sure there are words to describe our evening. LOL. I will say that if any of you get a chance to spend time with my Duckling, do it damnit. Lisa is an absolute hoot. I can't tell you how many times I had tears running down my face from laughing. Of course, that could have been the vinegar that she forced me to drink. Yes, the Wheezus made me drink vinegar to prove my devotion to her. She funny, The Wheezus. She also demanding, The Wheezus. *grin*
We went to my favorite little Chinese restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, My Duckling insisted on ordering the peking duck. I guess in her part of the world ducks have no bones because as soon as she took a bite she spit her mouthful of food across the table, exclaming "IT HAS BONES." I knew we were in trouble after that. She claims that she has cooked duck before. As most of you know, I have problems distinguishing between farm animals. It appears that my Duckling may have the same problem. I bet the ducks that she has cooked are like the McRib sammiches at McDonalds. You know the ones, pressed to look like a rack of ribs but not a bone in sight? That would be a Wheezus Duck. *blink*
Anyhow, there are just some parts of our date that I can not discuss here. I mean, she is on the verge of being all famous and stuff and if someone were to read about parts of our date, it could be scandlous for her. Plus, I want to be the one who sells the info to the rag magazines.
I also have to mention that I am officially in love with her husband. I have a little nickname for him that I am not going to share here. He and I actually bonded before I ever even got to meet my Duckling. *waves to Matty*
I really can't say enough about my Duckling. (she won't believe that because after spending time with me she probably can not believe that I am ever at a loss for words. *snort* ) Lisa is just so fantastic. I was told before meeting her that if I loved her online that I would love her even more in person. And that couldn't be more true. From the minute that I handed her the Happy Meal prize that I got especially for her, I felt comfortable and at ease. She is someone who you want to spend time with, who you want to get to know, who you want to hang out with.
We definitely talked about all of you. Of course. And most of it was good. *grin*
I know there is so much more that I want to write about so maybe I will edit as I think of things. There were just so many things. Her book, her friends, my friends, food, books, OT, blogs, family, lifestyles, crazy mothers, poots. Yes, My duckling and I even discussed poots. *snort*
So I see she stopped by. I also know she is a very busy little duckling so I don't know if she will be able to stop by again. If so, thank you Duckling for a great date. I hope we have the opportunity to get together again soon. Send my love to my Matty as well. *grin*

21 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

*quapoot*

3/20/2008 9:55 AM  
Blogger maroonclown said...

Drive by!

*opens door to blog*

*waves wildly*

Hiya!!!!!

*zooms off*

3/20/2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm holding this space for a comment about your post. *draws line around comment box and scribbles name on it*

3/20/2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

yay for Lisa!
I ended up buying three copies. One for me and one for each niece for their birthdays. I hope they're not too young for it. Do you think they're too young for it? Should I hold onto them until they're older? I'm pretty sure W would be okay with it... she'll be 14. M will be... ummm... crap... 11? I think.

3/20/2008 11:40 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I talked with Breezy about that, Glow. She let A read it, and I'm giving it to 13 yo niece. I tried to remember my thoughts at those ages. 14 would definitely be old enough...11? *shrug* Nothing is terrible in it. I was sneaking some romance novels at that age, anyway. :-)

3/20/2008 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try not to think of my thoughts at 14.

Yay for Wheezus!

3/20/2008 12:45 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Hooray for dates! I checked too late to see when she was here I guess.

3/20/2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa McMann said...

Yay!!

If she doesn't mention the vinegar, you'd better ask.

But she totally lies so don't believe her unless I approve of her message.

3/20/2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

That is so exciting, and, I am sure that the lovely Wheezy was just as excited to meet the infamous Bravie as you were to meet her.

I've heard that Mr. Wheezy is a real sweetheart.

I'm jealous of all of you.

3/21/2008 7:18 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

LOL, I told Breezy that while I was gushing and going on and on about how much I loved Wheezy, she was probably telling people that she had wasted an entire evening being stuck with me. Hrmph.

3/21/2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

mmmmm lemon chicken.... what? Did you say something else?

3/21/2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

We did order the lemon chicken in your honor, Breezy. Luckily she didn't spit that across the table.

*snort* The people behind us did throw broccoli at her though. LMAO. They really did, it was pretty funny.
And after the duck debacle, Wheeze started looking for bones in everything. She thought the chicken had bones, I pointed out that it in fact did not. I had to draw the line when she thought the chow fun noodles had bones in it too. That last sentence might not totally be true.

3/21/2008 7:32 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Since Wheezus is such a big famous author and everything now I hope she at least picked up the check.

They threw broccoli at her? Really? What was the offense?

3/21/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Picked up the check? *head tilt* We were supposed to pay? Is that why those people from the restaurant were chasing us? We thought they were groupies chasing after her. She had already autographed the waiter's arm (that is actually the truth) so we thought the rest of them wanted the same.
We never figured out why the broccoli was thrown. My guess is that they were trying to use chopsticks and weren't very good at it and thus the broccoli flew. That's just my guess. Or? she pooted on them. They were sitting directly behind her.

3/21/2008 8:07 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I just got the go ahead from my Duckling that I am allowed in fact to talk about how she is completely and totally head over heals for me. That really throws a wrench in my plans to go to the media with this though.

3/21/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

I'm insanely jealous of both of you. I am also deeply amused that you are head over 'heals' for wheezus. Must be something in her magic fingers.

Did you tell her to haul her practically famous ass to Nashville? You should have.

3/21/2008 11:42 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* Leave it to the gawd damned English teacher to correct my spelling. Hrmph. I'm not even going to fix it.
I did NOT tell her to go anywhere. In fact, I told her to stay with me. Unfortunately she felt the need to go back to my Matty instead of staying with me.

3/21/2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I can definitely see the two of you hitting it off. So glad you both got to meet each other and also that you got to meet Matt.

3/21/2008 4:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa McMann said...

Okay, I totally forgot about signing the waiter's arm. But yeah, that did happen. At least he knows the definition of "green." Sheesh!

We talked about all of you in love.
(That's what I say to all my fans)

But the vinegar...Jeezus, that was hilarious. Still brings tears to my eyes. So does being hit by broccoli. The look on that dude's face was pretty amazing.

Had a BLAST with you. Thank you for an excellent time. It was definitely the highlight of the trip. (well, except where that one school bought thirty copies of the book)

xox

3/21/2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* I still have an oh so fresh, recently douched feeling in the back of my throat from the vinegar. *giggle*
And he clearly did NOT know green since he said that my GREEN eyes were blue. :P
I realized that the only picture I got (other than food) was of Lisa stuffing food in her face. *snort*

3/22/2008 5:54 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Wheeeeee!
Too fun!
So jealous!
I am glad ya'll had such a good time.

3/27/2008 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home