Wednesday, July 27, 2005

God Bless The USA

Unless you are gay.
I really had no intentions of using this blog for anything deep. But it's my blog and I'll do what I want.
But FUCK YOU Campaign for Children and Families in the state of California.
For the past six years California has extended what is called Domestic Partnership. As of January 1st, it extended us all of the same rights as married couples except for filing joint income tax returns.
I am not an activist for gay marriage rights, although I probably should be, but Michelle and I are seriously considering it. Don't get me wrong. I feel no need to get married. If it were to become legal, I have no intention of indulging. I'm happy with how things are with us. BUT, we should be granted the same civil liberties as everybody else. But that's another issue. Let's discuss my domestic partnership. Michelle and I are legal registered domestic partners.
Here is the romantic background to that. Michelle has shitty insurance through her work and wanted to get on my policy. She couldn't do so without being my domestic partner. So, papers in hand we went down to mailboxes etc where there was a notary and signed our lives over to each other. Don't worry, it was more romantic than that. We went to lunch too.
Now, we are very lucky. Our families consider the other to be immediate family and they would never deny us any hospital visitation rights nor would they try to claim the house that we own together if something were to happen to one of us. So that's not an issue. However, it could now become one.
Randy Thomasson and his cronies are putting together a petition to get signatures for some bill that would "protect" marriage and confine it to a man and a woman. The problem with the bill is that they are also trying to strip gays of our domestic partnership rights. That's right folks. No steps forward, 10 steps back. And? He is trying to hide that. He is upset that some are promoting this part of the bill. Says he it is being liberal biased by talking about this. Well guess what fuckwad, it's in your proposal. Why not promote the entire the bill? Gee, would this be so that you could try to fool the people again like we were fooled with Prop. 22 proposed by Pete Knight back in 2000? My guess is yes.
This bill, if passed, would deny us rights to visitation in the hospital if something were to happen to one of us. It would deny us the right to inheritence, it would deny us insurance rights with each other, it would deny us the right to adopt. We would once again be put back into our place.
Maybe, with any luck, we could get a measure on the ballot that would once again label us as mentally ill.
Oh goody. Canada is looking better and better everyday.

23 Comments:

Blogger Syren said...

Hey you. Anyway you have any links to these goings ons? This is something that should not be happening and I would really like to read more on it.

*smooch* just for being you.

7/27/2005 6:58 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*smooch* to you all over the place.

Click on the link on the right. HRC. There is an article there. Also, and I'm sorry I don't have the link because I'm mildly slow *grin* but KTVU channel 2 in the Bay Area. I yahooed that and in the search field put the words "domestic partnership" and looked at the date for July 25th 2005. There is a more extensive artivle there.

and *smooch* to you again, just because I wanted to.

7/27/2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

you can *smooch* me anytime

okay...off to do some research.

*smooch*

7/27/2005 7:27 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This just makes me sick. I'm so sorry, hon. Why, why, why are people such fuckwads?? I don't get it.

*smooches* I love you.

7/27/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Hey!! how did you get that last "why" in bold?
Oooop, I just looked up and saw that html thingy. *snort*
Friends do not let friends post while blonde.

7/27/2005 8:22 PM  
Blogger gothmog said...

careful. you can get arrested for PWB.

and as for the rest, I'm sorry you have to share so much breatheable air with so many asshats.




What? Oh, it stands for "Posting While Blonde."

7/27/2005 8:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sheesh. I really haven't been doing my duty then. I've been allowing you to PWB for years now.

(Heh. When you say "duty" it sounds like "doody". LMAO. You're influencing me way too much)

7/27/2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Well that just plain sucks.

7/28/2005 5:41 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I just want to scream! What a phoquetard! Kinda makes you wonder what is so wrong with his own relationships if he obsesses so much about gay people.

7/28/2005 5:55 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

When I explained IN DETAIL how this would affect us, Michelle seriously had this look on her face like she would be willing to move. I know that she would never, but I think it really hit her last night just how damaging this bill is to us.
But then she started talking about real grown up stuff. Like living trusts and wills and stuff. Bills and politics I can keep up with but then she started talking about money and all I heard was "manamana, manamana"
Me no good with money. Oh shit, I think I need to make my car payment.

7/28/2005 6:04 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

oh my. *sigh* This brings tears to my eyes. I hate that you have to deal with all of this idiocy.

*smooch* I love you, Sunshine.

7/28/2005 6:09 AM  
Blogger momma said...

How absolutely fucking ignorant and stupid! I cannot imagine HOW they could pass this bill if it involves stripping away rights that were previously given to a group (regardless of who that group is). That's just FUCKED UP!

*smooch* to you and Michelle

7/28/2005 6:13 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

This makes me so sad and it is so unfair.

I agree with your Michelle. Do all you can legally and in writing now so if a bad moment should happen you both will have something to fall back on. You are so very lucky to caring families.

*sigh* I just don't understand why there are people who feel the need to police others lives based on sexual orientation.

{{HUGS}} babe!

7/28/2005 6:47 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

They police us because they live in fear. they are good God fearing people. And if we are recognized as normal people, then we might come after the children. We are all pediphiles (why does that not look like it is spelled correctly? ) we are out for the children, dontcha know.

Carey<---feeling a little bitter and sarcastic today

7/28/2005 7:14 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

See carey that is why all this makes me sad. It sucks that this man, and anyone he supports him, make you feel this way.

I have not known many gay men in my life, but I have known plenty of women. Women who I would trust my children with more so than some of my husband's straight friends and their wives.

How can honest love be a "perversion"? This so pisses me off!

7/28/2005 7:54 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

It's sad that we have to develop a thick skin about it. Believe me, it is very angering. VERY. I try to keep in mind how far we have come just from the days when I came out in the 80's. But then this doofus knocks us back down. It is a constant struggle. Especially because the issue, as he presents it, is not about love. It's about sex. *sigh*

7/28/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I agree with Michelle, do whatever you can through legal papers to protect your rights now.
Unbelievable to me that anyone would spend so much time trying to strip others of their rights.
Hateful people SUCK!
Be strong, Baby, those dinosaurs won't survive.

7/28/2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Does anyone ever notice that it is mostly MEN that are making these legislative decisions.

No offense to the lovely men that post with us...I just see so many asshats in the news lately it just boggles my mind.

I don't think I have met many women who are against equal rights for gays. Even amongst most of my friends who range from "liberal" to "conservative" (using those terms loosely).

Oh Carey, you have really got me worked up now you know. My mom's best friend lives in LA. I want to know her opinion and that of her hubby who is an arbitration attorney (active and political Dems).

7/28/2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

This guy sounds stupid. I must have missed him when I was handing out the anti-stupidity vaccine. I'll go get him now. Do you want me to give him something icky along with it?

7/28/2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Hey Carey...have you seen this one yet?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8734642/

I'm not sure if I'm happier for the woman or more irritated that someone in the Utah government felt the need to put this before a commission to decide.

7/28/2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie. He is a jerk of the highest degree. A major moron idiot. He'll probably die a stupid death, like falling into an outhouse and getting trapped there for two weeks and starving to death surrounded by other peoples' crap.

Or, he should die a stupid death, like falling into an outhouse and getting trapped there for two weeks and starving to death surrounded by other peoples' crap.

7/28/2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Thanks everyone. Today was not a great day for me. It was nice to come here and see all of this support and all of these kind words.
*smooches* to everyone

7/28/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

What everyone else has already said, and more eloquently than I could.

I don't understand how people can be so freaking ass-backwards about things like this.

7/28/2005 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home