Monday, September 05, 2005

Last serious post

And then back to the shallow end.
Kimmy called tonight. They had to leave their house because it became too dangerous. The looters are now driving up and down the road looking for inhabitants of houses so that they can rob them. Luckily they have a vacation home near The Pearl River and they are staying there. According to law enforcement they need to be gone for about a month. They go back every other day to check out the house and to feed the animals which they were unable to take with them, for the safety of the animals.Fuckwads are running people out of their homes and creating more ghost towns. I won't even get into the politics of what has happened. Now I'm just pissed that my friend has been run out of her home. The first home she was ever able to afford. The home that she had to sacrifice so much to get. She sacrificed her entire family in sorts because she had to move to Mississippi to be able to buy a home. And now these fuckers have run her out. I think I'm more pissed than she is.
On a side note: Had a relaxing weekend.

14 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Sending Mikki my love. I think I know some folks around Hattiesburg that would be glad to "take care of" pests.....

9/05/2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Silly Rose, Mikki is another blogger newbie. Kimmy is the friend in Miss.
You don't pay attention to me, do you? *evil eye*
*smooch*
But......since you are offering to have your people help out my people to take care of those other people, I won't whack you.

9/05/2005 7:23 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Sorry to hear about Kimmy. I cannot even imagine how difficult that must be for her. I will be sending good vibes to her as well as everyone else.

*smooch*

9/05/2005 9:48 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

oops. Well, they'll take care of 'em anyhow.

9/06/2005 4:27 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Ya know what kills me? Last night DH was flipping thru channels and listened to some of the reports of shit going on. He had no idea. He says to me "Guess it's really bad down there". Gee really? Pull your head our of your ass much?

9/06/2005 6:06 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Please send your friend my best. We are thinking about all of the those folks that have been affected. Ohio wants to help.

9/06/2005 6:39 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh no. That's so awful. And sad. :(

*hugs to Kimmy*
*hugs to Carebear*

9/06/2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger MiLouBry said...

I was wondering if they were going to have to leave. I had a good chuckle picturing Q out there with her shotgun, but at the same time it's pretty scarey for those two. I'm glad they sent Josh off. Lord knows what he would have started doing! I'm anxious to hear about what condition their home is in by the time they can rebuild their lives. Hugs to Kimmy and Q!

9/06/2005 8:29 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

The thought of Suzie Q out there with her gun almost made it worth it. Almost. *giggle*

thanks all for sending good thoughts towards Kimmy and Suzie.
the great thing about them both is that they really are true survivors in many ways. And they will find good in all of this and they will keep their senses of humor.

9/06/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger momma said...

So sad. I had wondered about that. At least they have a safe place they can go to.

*hugs*

9/06/2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

God Bravie, I'm sorry. I had no idea Kimmy was in peril. I am kind of out of sorts with the alck of sleep. (However, I am one step ahead of Gimp. I was aware of how bad things were down there. PS Do we still call him Gimp? Or is it now Mr. Breezy? Or just Philmeister? Let me know so I can be in the know.)

Sending good thoughts to your dear friends.

9/06/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Oops. That should say l-a-c-k. I am off to nap now.

9/06/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger MiLouBry said...

Who's DH?

9/06/2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

That's awful. *sigh* Sending good thoughts.

9/07/2005 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home