Sunday, April 02, 2006

Paint, Bird and sore as hell

I had a full weekend and I bet I sleep well tonight.

We started out the weekend with a sick bird. Michelle's pet cockatiel, Ozzy, that she has had for 21 years. Ozzy died sometime last night and we discovered him this morning. I heard Michelle wake up this morning and I waited for her to come downstairs. After about 20 minutes I went up and she was laying in bed. I asked how Ozzy was and she said she hadn't checked yet because she had a feeling. I went over and lifted the cover off his cage and there he was, the poor baby, dead at the bottom of the cage. I turned to Michelle and told her I was sorry. She's heartbroken. She has had Oz since he was born and she was very bonded to him. So needless to say, today has not been good for her.

I spent the weekend painting my bathroom. Yesterday I did all the prep work. Taping things off, washing the walls and ceiling and then giving it a coat of primer. Today after doing what needed to be done as far as Ozzy, I painted the bathroom. It's fucking hard at 40 years old to be painting up on the ceiling and up in the skylight and down behind the toilet and blah blah blah. Add in that I changed the sheets on the bed, did all the laundry and vacuumed the entire house and I am hurting all over.
After sitting for more than 5 minutes I practically need a crane to get me up. Muscles I had forgotten that I even had are hurting.

Yay!! for me. Between Friday night, yesterday morning and this morning, I finished writing my intruction manual for work. I had been working on a rough draft all last week. I forget how detailed things have to be. For me, it's just become so easy to do my job that I don't have to even think about it anymore. But to have to describe in detail how to do my job, not as easy as doing my job. I pretty much had to write "Estimating for Dummies".
For those who don't know, I work for a commercial Printing Company. Commercial, meaning not PIP or Kinkos or one of those copy shops. We are lithographic printers. Magazines, posters, mailers, bound books, stuff like that.
Anyhow, I finished my little instruction booklet and I'm quite proud of myself. It came out as very professional sounding and I feel good about presenting it to my boss tomorrow.
Time for an end of the weekend, wind me down drink. *yawn*

24 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

You deserve a little reward for your productive weekend. Hugs to Michelle for losing her Ozzy.

4/02/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm already ready for next weekend. How about you? I'm going to miss the L Word not coming on tonight.

Sorry about Ozzy.

4/02/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

{{Hugs}} to Michelle. I'm sorry for her loss.

So, what color did you paint the bathroom? *rubs your back*

4/02/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Give Michelle a hug from me.
*hug* for you
I will rub your back in June if it is still hurting then.
Good for you for getting the manual written. I have to do one too. I don't wanna. Like you said, you just do it so describing how you do it is more difficult than you think. I've tried. Meanwhile I think a monkey could do my job and as it turns out, my boss can't even do it. *rolls eyes* I think she is afraid I'm not coming back from San Fran. heh. and she wants to be sure somebody can do my job.

4/02/2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Thank you from me and from Michelle. *pout* My poor Michelle.

I would treat myself to a reward if it didn't hurt so much just to move. It even hurts to type. Heh. I'm old and fat and out of shape. Waaaaah.

The bathroom is supposed to be a taupe background with a lighter shade for the trim and cabinets. But the taupe came out a little more brown/tan toned than I had hoped. I have terrible luck wit paint, it seems.
My kitchen that I had hoped to be gray in color turned out pastel blue and I have hated it for years. That's another project on my list. To get rid of that blue that I hate.

I think that even Gus could do my job if he could read my newly written manual. *grin*

4/02/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Poor Michelle - big hugs for her.

You were quite productive! We have to paint our bathroom too. It is really tiny but we have to remove wall paper. The lady who owned the house before us had black wall paper with white Grecian naked ladies on it. Nipples everywhere. It is just ugly.

4/03/2006 4:51 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Lol at nippley wall paper! My DH would love this.

Sorry about Ozzie, Carey. Cockatiels are such fun and lovely birds. Remind me to tell you about my gay cockatiels some day.

You know, if you buy your paint from a paint store, like Benjamin Moore, they will usually "retro fit" a paint color that isn't quite right if they can (at no charge.) Before you committ to painting the whole wall, just put up a small square of paint and let it dry to see how it looks. If it seems off in tone and you bring the can back, they can often make it better. They can't turn blue paint orange, or make dark colors much lighter - but they can do a surprising amount.

When I stained my house this past summer it took three trips with my little quart can to get just the color I wanted. Then the B.M. machine memorized what my exact color was and gave me 9 gallons of the stuff. Perfect color! And nobody has that exact shade of dark forest green but me!

4/03/2006 6:50 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Congrats on finishing the manual AND getting the painting done. I'm impressed. I think they should print up a glossy version of the manual with your picture on the front.

*hugs to Michelle* Sorry you had to break the news to her.

4/03/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Awwww. Sorry about Ozzy. :( Give Michelle a hug from me. And here's one for you *hug* I didn't hurt your back, did I? *smirk*

Yay for you for being so productive. *swalt*

4/03/2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Nipple wall paper *snicker*. I've been painting for a year now. I've done 5 bathrooms. They are the worse. It's disgusting to have to lay down around the toliet to paint behind the tank.

Honey, if you hurt everywhere add 10 years and talk to me. But in a way doesn't it feel good to be sore, except the back of course.

That is so sad about Ozzy. I've always wanted a bird for a pet but am afraid I'll only feed the cats!

Did you add blogs and OT to your manual, cause that's the most important part of the job?

4/03/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Awwwww Poor Michelle. *hugs*

I'm sore too, we can be old and sore together. *smooch*

4/03/2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I bet a bath and drink would feel so good after your productive weekend.

4/03/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

A bath would be great. But I can't take a bath until the paint dries. And since I need to do another coat of paint, that could be a couple of days. I wish Michelle's bathroom had a tub instead of just a shower. :(

4/03/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Hugs for Michelle and poor little Ozzy.

I'm gellus that you each have your own bathroom!

And nice job on your manual. That certainly was a productive weekend! Wow. I basically laid on the couch for 3 days with Poopie on top of me. She wouldn't let me lay there by myself. *sigh*

4/03/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

We each have our own bathroom and then we have another half bath too. *grin*
I love having my own bathroom.

*smooches* to the sick girl.

4/03/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Sorry to hear about your Lovely Bride's bird.

4/03/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* Thank you, HD.

4/03/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Sorry to hear about Michelle's Ozzy. 21 years is a long time to be together.

Good for you for getting the painting done. I feel your pain. Or I would if I had done any painting.

I'm happy to see HD playing with us today. I have missed him. Don't tell him I said that though.

4/03/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger mm said...

{{hugs}} for Michelle. RIP Ozzy.

Good for you for getting all that painting done and the instruction manual too. *smooch*

4/03/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}} for Michelle. :(

So when are you coming to paint my bathroom?

4/03/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

*hugs* to Michelle. I'm so sorry about Ozzy.

4/03/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Monstah said...

You are Augie/Nookie old.

4/04/2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger momma said...

So very sorry to hear about Michelle's bird. Was Ozzy the only bird in the family?

4/04/2006 6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*silence for Ozzy and hugs for Michelles*

I have never painted a thing in my life. Michael always does it. I can see what a PITA it is, so I'm very impressed.

I know exactly what you mean about the job. I feel the exact same way.

Sorry you are sore. I will not mention or flash pictures of a certain "star" today.

4/05/2006 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home