Monday, March 27, 2006

Work rant and it's resolve

Last week I had a very stressful work week. I was soooo happy that it was over.
Mini backstory: One of my coworkers is the biggest bitch on earth. She has been with the company for almost 30 years and the owners made her exempt from being fired when the new management took over.
There isn't one employee who can stand her. She is not a team player, she is rude, she is a snitch and in general has no personality above being a bitch.
a couple of weeks ago, I was out for 2 1/2 days. I left her with about 6 jobs to quote for me. One was quite a project but it was for a new client & it had to get done. Our customers have grown used to getting their prices back from me within the same day as their request and for a project like this, they are used to a two day turn around on the prices. If it is going to take longer, they know that I will either call or email them.
Well, after being out part of Wednesday and all of Thursday and Friday, I go back to work on Monday and guess what is sitting on my desk. Yep, the same quotes I handed to my coworker on Wednesday. Including this project for the new customer.
I worked up a quote for her and sent her an email. It was an $80,000 project. Quite a job for a small company of less than 40 employees, dontcha think.
Well guess what else. We didn't get the job. Why? Because we didn't get the quote to her on time and she awarded the job elsewhere. To someone who priced it in the same range.
My response and my solution? Let me train the new girl who has years of experience in our business. The boss has told us all to start giving her more work. Bitch coworker had a fit, said customers need to understand if we are out sick and must wait and she doesn't want me to train the new girl to do my job. We ended up in a yelling match that day.
Today, the boss came back after being out for two weeks. Boy was he pissed to learn about losing an $80k job because of my coworker.
i now have a new project. I am writing a training manual/instruction booklet on how to do my job. *BIG GRIN* and I will be training the new girl over the next two weeks.
I won. She lost. I'm happy. She's pissed. It's the little things in life that make me happy.

24 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

Good for you, sweetie! I'm so happy you were able to win out over the bitch and piss her off!

3/27/2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

You go girl! Woo hoo!!!

*does happy dance for Carey*

Hey? you don't work with Mean Jean too, do you? *snort*

Bitch! They should take the 80K out of her salary. Ha!

3/27/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Good for you!! Isn't it fun when you get to stick to an idiot bitch like that? *grin*

*smooch*

How is the BooBoo baby recovering?

3/27/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger mm said...

LOL! Way to go!

*high fives Carey*
*sticks tongue out at bitch coworker*

3/27/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

Good for you, Sunshine.

3/28/2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

That is uber cool! Do you need help with the big words in the manual? I can help... cardstock... c a r d s c h t o k *grin*

3/28/2006 5:11 AM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Wait a minute, she can't be fired even if she looses $80K for the company. I want her employment contract.

Good for you. That'll teach her to mess with our Carey!

3/28/2006 5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I see where my aggressive behavior has come from. *giggles*

Good for you! Sorry you lost the job, but glad you won that little battle.

3/28/2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm smiling in admiration. I'm so happy you stood up to bitchy worker and thought about a great solution. Good luck writing the Manual of Bravie's Job.

3/28/2006 6:10 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

You have to have reliable back up and I'm sure the new girl would want to learn all she can so she can be more of an asset to the company. Sorry about losing the job.

3/28/2006 6:26 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Thanks everybody. It felt really good to sit in that meeting yesterday and watch as the bitch got pissed off because for a change she didn't get her way. It's even worth the extra work that I have to do to put this training book together.
Finally, one for the good team.

Now, if you could all kindly write out a description of my job sans OT, blogs and email, i would really appreciate it.

3/28/2006 6:27 AM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Good for you Carey! Can we take your co-worker and TEE and make them work together?

You know, it's funny. The BIGGEST bitch in our office (before TEE came) and TEE have bonded and eat lunch together every day. What does that tell you? Fuggin' c-words.

3/28/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Perhaps you should be training the bitch instead of the new girl. Seems to me she doesn't know how to do the job either. *shakes head*

Good for you! *swalt*

3/28/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

She can't ever be fired!?! Wow. Thirty or so years ago the bitch must have really slept with the right person and got high grade video of the event.

Have fun writing your manual--your job sounds too integral to not have a good back-up person. What if you had been out for a week!

*happy for Carey*

3/28/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Tkit, she would get along great with TEE. She tries to sabotage people here all the time.

Jen, she trained me 10 years ago. *rolls eyes*

Swami, she started as the owner's nanny when she first came to this country. Then when the owners opened the company she came to work for them here. She is sort of like one of their children because she was something like 16 when she started with them. She is waaaaay to uptight to sleep with anybody. We often wonder how she had 3 biological children.

3/28/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Yeah! for triumph over evil coworker!

3/28/2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

So will the new training manual touch upon coffee can throwing and aiming at heads?

3/28/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

That's great. I bet you'll do a fabulous job and I'm glad you won.

*is not making pole-polishing jokes here, no sirree Bob*

3/28/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Good for you Carey! Sweet satisfaction :-)

3/28/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Hm. Carey, I have a big problem, and since you are so good at solving problems...

I have this box of cinnamony goodness & nowhere for it to go. Would you know of anyone that needs some cinnamony love?

If you do, I'll need an address.

3/28/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*runs off to PM Weltek*

3/28/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I was so excited that I don't know if I emailed you or PMed you. LOL

3/28/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*goes to search for the message*

3/28/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*grin*

3/28/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home