Monday, October 09, 2006

New Neighbors

As some of you may know, I have had nothing but a string of bad neighbors. Well the new ones are starting off much better than ANY of the past ones.
At first I was a little leary. Three girls just out of college learning to be bartenders. Back in my 20's and 30's this might not have been so alarming. But I know what I was like when I was 22ish and bartending. And endless string of parties at my house at all hours. So I was worried.
As it turns out, they are three "good" girls. They have a very sorority look to them. Two of them are sisters and the third is a friend. They are all still in school and all are working.
One by one, Michelle and I separately got to meet each of the girls. Very nice girls and they didn't have the party look to them at all. I told Michelle that I wouldn't be surprised if they were cheerleaders and sorority girls who all got straight A's. I was damn close.
This weekend we went outside and the sister's Moms were out there. Yes, I said Moms. The two sisters were raised by a lesbian couple. Yay, gay friendly neighbors. Huge relief. The Moms are very involved in their daughter's lives. And in fact told us that if the girls get out of line to call them and they will come and kick them in the ass. LOL
They also care about their surroundings. Another huge relief. One of the Moms didn't like how dirty the cement was so she went and got her powerwasher (soooo dykey) and she powerwashed the cement area all around our houses. I didn't even realize how dirty the cement was until she cleaned it. Then we came home yesterday and they had dug out the area by the front door and they had planted all these purty flowers.
Yay for us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our nice new newighbors will stay just that. Nice neighbors. So far they are a huge improvement over the homophobic guys who were exiled from the Polish government, the crack addict lesbian couple, the ultimate cage fighter and his 3 pitbulls and 3 kids who were messy, rude slobs and the last neighbors who were nice enough but complete slobs. *content sigh*

19 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

Yay! Sounds absolutely wonderful. Don't scare them off, mkay?

10/09/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Man, I can totally relate to having horrid neighbors. I love the quite ones who stay to themselves.

I'm glad for you. I bet *they* were relieved too!

*smooch*

10/09/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*squeak* I'm a nice quiet neighbor.

10/10/2006 5:28 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

good luck

10/10/2006 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the house that someone broke into a month or so ago?

I hope this works out for you. Yay!

10/10/2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

That's the one, Boo.
We have high hopes for these ones but we aren't getting our hopes up too high just yet.

10/10/2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Middling hopes are better than no hopes at all!

*crosses fingers*

10/10/2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger Monstah said...

Wow. You have new LSs. I want some.

10/10/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

You have one. And one is enough.
*jealous growl*

10/10/2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds promising. You do realize that by making this post you have totally jinxed yourself though, right? :P

10/10/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I know. I was almost afraid to write this.

10/10/2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Are you sure that you are good enough for these great new neighbors? Like, they already had to powerwash the drive. Maybe they'll complain on you for being the messy, obnoxious neighbors! Have you had a party since they moved in?

Cool that they have moms though.

10/10/2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, how did Michelle react to them powerwashing your walk?

10/10/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Pfffft, if they don't like us, they can move. That's the beauty of being an owner vs them being renters. They can go away. *evil grin*

Michelle became very swoony for the new Moms when she saw them powerwashing. I thought she might run and jump in the Mom's arms when she saw that. *giggle*

10/10/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Hmmmmm I made DH buy me a powerwasher. I'll have to have him take a pic of me powerwashing our house and send it to Michelle. *grin*

10/10/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Back off woman. First Tkit and now my wife? *glares at Nookie*

10/10/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

I'll probably have to go and sit in the naughty corner if I say I hate powerwashers, won't I?

Still, I am glad you have got a break in the neighbour department. Sounds like you had some real winners.

10/10/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*snicker*

I love teasing you :-)

10/10/2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wow, great! Maybe you've finally paid your bad neighbor dues and are getting lucky.

Your post made me feel guilty because we haven't been over to meet the new neighbors at our place.

Breezy, you & DD can live in our spare bedroom. I mean, you'd at least be in the right state for being a Packer fan.

10/11/2006 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home