Sunday, December 03, 2006

Well crap

I don't know why but I thought it was later in the month. I've been rushing to get Christmasy stuff done. I rushed to make my cookie trade cookies, I rushed to get them out. I did a mad dash at the malls yesterday because I thought I was late on starting my shopping. I mean, I see the date everyday so I don't know how I could be confused. (shut up). I told Michelle yesterday that I need to finish my shopping this weekend because I need to get everything shipped out on Monday. Things like my SS gift, my out of state family and such. She said "Why are you rushing? I've never seen you worry about getting this done so soon" Huh? I told her that I just had this week and then it would be too late. She then reminded me that it was only December 2nd. I looked at her like HD's roommate looks at him...blank stare and silence.
I'm not sure if I thought it was later in the month or if I thought they had moved Christmas up this year. *shakes head*
I honestly think that we have so much going on that I just felt rushed and as if I don't have enough time. So today I am taking a break from that stuff and I'm going to enjoy football and do some laundry. I may wander out to a couple of stores after the 49er game but I'm not making any solid plans.
Last night we went to my Mom's Sweet Adeline Holiday show. Wedensday night we are going to the inlaws for dinner. One night this week Michelle's Dad is taking all the girls of the family shopping. I forget what we are doing next weekend but there are some sort of plans. If I could just remember what. Then that Wednesday is our anniversary. But instead of doing something alone we are going out to dinner with Michelle's family. It is the annual (Insert name of Michelle's company)'s Christmas dinner with the family and a couple of affiliates. We do it every year. Just not usually on our anniversary. Then we have the family cookie bake.
On the 10th we will be decorating our house. That date is a family tradition. Christmas Eve is at Michelle's folk's house this year so we will have to help Michelle's Mom prepare for that. They have a huge family and there are usually about 50 of us that night.
I also need to finish my shopping. I got a lot done yesterday but after looking at my list, I didn't get as much as I had hoped.
Wow, I guess I don't have as much to do as I thought I did. It seemed like much more in my head.

33 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

You're smaht to get it done early. It'll relieve some possible future stress. You have a lot to do in the upcoming weeks.

12/03/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

If you doing stuff so early, do you mind doing mine too?

thx

12/03/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger mm said...

You thought you had one week?

*silently stares blankly @ Carey*

12/03/2006 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been rushing around doing stuff myself.

Today I made turkey dinner for our family. Well for me and Michael. Conner is having yogurt today.

We went out last night since SIL wanted to babysit. And Conner seemed to have wanted a sitter. I shopped. Everything I bought is to be shipped. :)

And, I received my SS gift in the mail yesterday. I'm going to do a little digging, but I think I know who it's from.

12/03/2006 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm not talking about football today. I was until the end of the first quarter. And now I'm not.

*sighs*

I guess the Redskins have turned their thoughts to next year.

12/03/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I have three packages going out tomorrow. My cookie peeps and my Mom's. *grin* It should get to Hononolulu in time, right?

12/03/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I have at least one package that must go out tomorrow. I need to remember to grab it when I leave for work in the morning.

12/03/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger momma said...

You know, maybe it's because we're blond or something, but I'm in the same state of panic as you were. I just don't seem to have enough time to get it all done. And I just found out my brother is coming up in two weeks. He hasn't been here since Rotten2 was 6 weeks old! Yikes!

12/03/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Don't talk to me about stuff that must be mailed. I haven't even shopped for that stuff yet. Eeps!

12/03/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Luckily for me it's just the one that has to go tomorrow. Everything else can will wait until the end of the week.
Football sucked today. x(

12/03/2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger momma said...

No, football was good today :)

12/03/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I had a craptastic weekend. *sigh*

Only about one thing on my list got done, and that's only because it HAD to get done so my dad could mail the package today (for my nephew in Iraq).

I have Friday off and will be spending all 24 hours of Friday doing something productive.

*double sigh*

12/04/2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

If you've already bought my gift then I agree there is no rush. Otherwise? Get going, lazybones!

My presents are all bought and sent. Well, except for my cookie peeps because cookie making is scheduled for tomorrow.

12/04/2006 4:58 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Well you better get started on your Groundhog's Day preparations! Gosh it is only 2 months away! *jumps up and down*

Can you believe how quickly it will get here? Oh boy!

*prepares Groundhog fudge*

12/04/2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

Your plans sound like so much fun, Carey.

I'm laughing that you thought it was a week early, though. Still, better early than late.

12/04/2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Geggy said...

Except for my SS gift, I've been done for a week.

But I bought everything online, so I did a little every day.

I'm actually hitting the stores for the first time tonight simply because something specific I want for my SS package is something I have to physically go out and buy.

My last big thing will be to make a couple of trays of lasagna on Sunday. One for our office party next Monday and the other for the family gig.

I'm totally and awesomely organized this year.

12/04/2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I know what you mean about football, carey. Our sadly performing teams meet next week, though!!!

12/04/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I know. How sad of a game is that going to be? LOL.

12/04/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*prepares to give a lackluster 'yay' when we we score*

12/04/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*grin* I'll call and rub it in everytime the Pack scores.

12/04/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

So I guess i won't be hearing from you. *grin*

12/04/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Every five minutes. *grin*

12/04/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* right. Because Favre is on fire this year.

12/04/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*sigh* he has NO ONE, nobody to throw it to.

12/04/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

"Bring Back Chuey! Brink Back Chuey!"

*wears number 89 jersey of past*

Shut up. Don't taunt me.

12/04/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Chants with Kimmer. "Bring back Chuey! Brink back Chuey!" I was so mad when they didn't sign him when he wanted to come back. We haven't had a decent TE since he left. Bubba is about useless. Brett needs that TE security valve. *sigh*

12/04/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*snort* I even did the same typo. *snort*

12/04/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*snort* We need an editor.

12/04/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I know why!!! It's because Thanksgiving was so early this year.

I did the same thing. I have never been this ready for the holidays this early! I love it!

My cookies and my SS gift are sent! The kids presents are all bought. The only one left is Mr. Nutz and my mom!

12/04/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Warning warning warning! My cookies went out today. *grin*

12/04/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger lights said...

What's this football stuff that you speak of?

Seeing as you're so organized Miss Smarty Pants, how about finding me a present for my Dad?

12/04/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Wow 50 peeps. I bet it's a lot of fun.

Good for you for getting your shopping done early.

I'm still trying to get into holiday shopping mode.

*bah humbug*

12/05/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

And you've met a lot of them, Nookie. *big grin*

12/05/2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home