Monday, June 30, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun

Or, I need a nap.
Where did the weekend go? Friday night we went to see Billy Idol in concert. At first I thought he looked a little akward on stage but then he just rocked it out. Michelle and I met a really nice couple, Sara and Patrick, and they would like to hang out and do bbq together. They were a very nice hippie couple in their early 50's. They let us sit in their booth with them and the view of the stage was AWESOME.
Saturday was mostly a blur. Oh yeah, we went to a fully catered, all you can eat, party at a deli where Michelle is friends with the owner. I went home stuffed. Overstuffed.
Sunday was Pride Day in SF. Yay for pride weekend. It was busier this year than in the past. For some reason I always think of Jen and Glow when I am at pride. They came out one year and so now they are permanently imbedded in my brain when it comes to Pride weekend.
After most of the day in the city we then took the train over to Berkeley for the True Colors tour. Main acts were Wanda Sykes, The B-52s and Cyndi Lauper. What a great concert. The B-52's were better than I though they would be and Wanda was so funny that my gut hurt from laughing so hard.
Since I was forced to take Friday off of work, I am now swamped at work. I am hoping to make it around the computerworld today but between all of my work and my nodding off to sleep, I probably won't get out and about until tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tummy said...

You have way too much fun! I want to be you when I grow up.

6/30/2008 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound a little like Puffy with your concerts.

Happy Belated Pride Weekend!

6/30/2008 11:18 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

What a fantastic weekend! How are the fires in your area?

Well, well, Boo, she does sound a little like Puffy. Last Monday I went to see Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. On Saturday night we saw Cheap Trick perform the entire Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album.

6/30/2008 11:08 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

Pride here is being held at the convention center because of the drought. Something about that many people and the state of the grass at the park, it wouldn't recover.

Since it is there, both indoor and out, it is over the 4th weeked. I want to go, but that makes it hard.

Asrai and her GF came with us a few years ago, and each year I try to get her back here because it isn't the same it seems.

I want to go this year, but I am not sure that we will be able to.

7/01/2008 5:32 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

I saw Miranda Lambert last night. She was hot and rockin'.

7/01/2008 6:07 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I saw Billy Idol twice. Once a long long time ago and again a few (yikes, I guess a bunch of) years ago.

*smooch*

7/01/2008 8:23 AM  
Blogger lights said...

Last night we went to a concert in the park. Remember the little park across the street from where you met "Fucking Darlene"? They had a Bon Jovi tribute band to celebrate Canada Day. It was free and they had a beer tent set up. Would have been better had I not had to got to work this morning. *pout*

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was Michelle's (Nicky's sister's) favourite song. They played it at her funeral. Every time I hear it now I have to smile. You made me smile. *smooooch*

7/01/2008 2:42 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

*zerbert*

7/07/2008 3:35 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*yawn* You got anything new?

7/17/2008 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home