Monday, June 09, 2008

No Shoes, No shirt, No Problem!!!

Woooooo Hoooooooo. And *YAWN*
Michelle and I spent yesterday at an 11 hour concert. I have pictures but I haven't downloaded them yet. What a great concert. What a terrible concert venue.
The first part was a free concert outside of the venue with Clay Walker. There were tons of beer and food booths and radio station stuff going on. After that we met up with some friends and had a few beers before going to our seats. The pictures will show how close we were. *grin*
It started with LukeBryan and then Gary Allan *swoony sigh* and the Leann Rimes. *pause* After Leann, I went to use the bathroom. This venue is a small ballpark, perfect for baseball and not meant for concerts. *shakes head* We were down on the field but the lines were so bad that I hiked all the way up to the top level. And I was hauling ass. Thank goodness I've started to get in shape. Anyhow, I'm walking super fast and these two chicks (obviously looking for a fight) made a rude comment to me. Now, if you know me, you know that I don't make fun of or make rude comments to overweight people but I couldn't help myself this time. In their snottiest voice they said "ohhhh, look at you walking so fast like you're all that. Sure wish we could walk as fast as you". It was in this very rude and mocking voice. So in my moment of pissedoffedness I turned and said "Maybe if you ever got off your fat ass and excercised you could". I wasn't worried about them catching me if I had to run. How rude of them. Bitches.
Back on track...I get to the long bathroom line, wait forever and...AND? and...toilets no flushy. Water no worky. Can you believe that a major stadium would lose their water? They did. You couldn't flush, you couldn't wash your hands and the toilets were overflowing. All this and there were still the two major bands left to play. I stopped drinking from that moment on.
Back to the show...Brooks & Dunn were next. Meh. I know they are huge and everybody loves them but honestly other than a couple of fun songs (not Maria), I don't care for them.
But then Kenny Chesney came on!!! That dude knows how to put on a great fucking show. Just awesome!!!! And at the end of his set he brought out Steve Miller who played a couple of his songs with Kenny AND THEN, the Red Rocker came out. Kenny and Sammy Hagar are friends and so for the encore those two rocked a couple of Sammy songs. What a great ending to a great show. Best encore evah!!!!!!!!
And now I need a nap. *yawn*

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumor Has It. That's a good Clay Walker song.

I've never heard of LukeBryan that I know. But I do like Gary Allan. I do not like Leann Rimes. At all. Is that the reason for your pause?

LOL about the chicks. Bitches!

And that totally sucks about the bathrooms. I think it happens a lot. I think people are just so fricking clueless sometimes when it comes to planning things like this.

I like Brooks & Dunn, but I'm not one of their swooning fans.

And that does sound pretty kickbutt. Yay for you. I'm glad you had a good time.

6/09/2008 8:23 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

They just said on the radio that it was a water pipe that had burst. So I guess that really isn't anyone's fault.
No, the pause was just a pause. I actually enjoy her very much. She has a great voice.
Ohhhhh, I forgot...we went into the Jack Daniels bus to check things out and they had Guitar Hero set up. Only isntead of a little plastic guitar, they had a real Fender altered to work for Guitar Hero. Some hottie asked me if I would play with her. *giggle* She told me to pick the song so I said "How about Talk Dirty to me?", she grinned and said "All night long , baby" and winked at me. *giggleblush* Then she said sorry and asked if that was out of line. I told her not at all. We played our game and then went our separate ways. Although her boobies, I mean she, gave me a hug and thanked me for playing with her.

6/09/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Told ya so. Chesney puts on a fricking wonderful concert.

I'm going to see Luke Bryan in a couple weeks! Can't wait, he's opening for Dierks.

I agree about Brooks & Dunn, they're too boring for me. Some of their songs are ok, but I have no desire to see them in concert.

6/09/2008 9:50 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Sounds like a heck of an end to the concert! I like Sammy, even though he's intertwined in all that Van Halen drama. And I don't blame you about smarting off to the harassing chicks. I like it when you yell at people...like little gay men.

I have mixed emotions about Leann Rimes. I love her voice. I went through a phase where I disliked her personality, but recently saw a special concert she did with Joss Stone, and it had bits of them conversing in between. She's seemingly matured.

6/09/2008 9:55 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

LOL. I forgot about the little gay man that I yelled at. Yep, it was kind of like that. *snort* Only they were women and straight. *grin*

6/09/2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*throws wadded up paper at Bravie* Just making sure you weren't asleep at your desk.

6/09/2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger Tummy said...

What is it with you and people at stadiums? Troublemaker :)

Sounds like a fun time.

I've never been to a Country concert. I just started to like it last year.

And....I would have had to find a bush!

6/09/2008 1:32 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Bully girl.

6/09/2008 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So last night I was reading my People magazine, and I saw an add for People Country or something like that. On the front was Kenny Chesney. I thought of you.

6/10/2008 6:33 AM  
Blogger kevingrout said...

Country music? bleh.

But I would have endured it for a date with Bravie and to see Sammy Hagar :-)

That would have been a sweet encore.

6/16/2008 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home