Saturday, June 03, 2006

Glad to be sitting

Holy heck do my feet hurt. We worked at the Arts and Wine festival today for my Dad. We were selling Brauts, chicken sausages, wieners and tri-tip sammiches. We did our shift from 1:30-6:00pm and spent most of that time on our feet. We are working it again tomorrow between 8:30am-1:30pm.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day today. We couldn't have asked for better weather. 80 degrees with a slight breeze.
My Dad is pretty much one of the Big men on campus in the Rotary Club and that's what we were working for. He and his best friend, Ollie, do all the cooking and me with some others collect the food and Michelle with some others sell and collect money. I enjoy helping my Dad out when it comes to his community service and politics and stuff and I know he appreciates that we help him. Even though we don't get to spend much quality time together during the fair, it's still very much a bonding thing. I get to help him out and his peers get to see his kid supporting him. So it's kind of nice.
But boy am I glad to be sitting down. I came home, took off the bra, peeled my stomach a bit, soaked my feet in the tub for a bit and then lathered them up like crazy with cream. And now I am sitting on my big fat ass ready to settle in with some mind numbing agents. *grin*
Then tomorrow will be back to work at the fair and then a bbq at my house with Colleen and her friend who is visiting from England.
Did I mention that in exactly one week, I will be in Boston. *hops*

Hope ya'll are having a good weekend.

22 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Hey I probabyly sjoudnl't have as much to drink. buit jet!!! no called me! sO i'M ON MY OWN.

*SMOOCH*

6/03/2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

LOL @ Breezy

If your feet are all clean now, Carey, I'll rub them for you.

The weather here stinks, but we still had nice day. I think it will rain again tomorrow. Maybe we'll go to the park anyway. The kids need to get their sillies out before they wreck the house.

6/03/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I think we need a new rule for Breezy...no drunk posting. *grin*

So how many wieners did you eat? :-)

6/04/2006 6:00 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Um...uh...okay. Even my drunk handbook couldn't translate that last part. *snort*

Oh Seana, we were calling for you last night. I normally don't like other people to touch my feet but last night I told Michelle that I would pay a stranger to rub my feet. It would have been nice to have had you, a friend, here to rub them. They still hurt. :(

I say we let her post, Augie. It makes me look much less blonde.
I ate a chicken sausage and a tri-tip sandwich. No regular weiners. *smooch*

6/04/2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I think I am translating this as:

Hey, I probably should have drank so much. Butthead didn't call me so I'm home alone.
am I close? do I win a prize?

6/04/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

I'm sorry to hear about your feet. Did you save me a sandwich?

oh and

HI BREEZY!

6/04/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Sorry your footies hurt. *smooch*

6/04/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Man, who's that dork up there that can't type? Yeesh.


*grin*

6/04/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Oh boy Breezy, that was funny :-)
"buit jet"? *SNORT*

Carey, does Michelle call them weiners also?

6/04/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

No, Nookie. She's a little more proper than I am.

6/04/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I hope the weather for day two was just as great, Carey. What you're doing is perfect dad-bonding stuff. He gets to proud of you and show up the other dads who don't have such great kids!

Nice translation of the Breezyspeak.

I only call them weiners if they're attached to a guy, otherwise they're hot dogs. Sausages could go either way.

6/04/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger momma said...

So how much of the food that you collected did you indulge in?

Very sweet of you and Michelle to help your dad out.

And I can't help it, I'm laughing my ass off at Breezy's drunk typing, which I almost understood and I'm sober!

6/04/2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger mm said...

What a good daughter you are! I hope you get to rest up tonight.

*smooch*

6/04/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Surveysez said...

Sore belly, sore feet, you need a weekend off from weekends.

6/04/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Today I ate some tri-tip, a crepe and some chicken kebobs. I had a couple of beers too.

I won't have a weekend off for quite awhile. Boston this coming weekend, the following weekend I have to clean house and get ready for Glow and Jen. That weekend is also Father's day. The following weekend will be jen and Glow.
So I think the following weekend I may have off. I think.

6/04/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

How nice that you get to help your dad out like that.

Bath & Body works has a great foot cream from their spa line. It's called Shea it isn't So. I have some. You wanna try it?

*rubs foot cream on Carey's feet*

6/05/2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

The fair sounds like fun.

6/05/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Coco said...

I was eaten by blackflies. So *whack*

6/05/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger miamicatt said...

"Oh goody. More walking."

:P

6/05/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Better rest your feet for the Boston trip. And what's with the fancy spelling of brats? Have you been hanging out with coco?

6/05/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Have fun in BAHSTON!

6/05/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I can't hear "Boston" without thinking of Shane.

*points and laughs at Breezy*

And I think it's great that you help your dad. *smooch*

6/06/2006 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home