Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Details won't follow

But I just have to say that broken hands hurt. Muchly. Even if the broken hand is really just a slight fracture to the bone nearest your last two fingers and a serious bruise to the rest of your hand.
They are also rather cumbersome when it's your right hand and you are right handed. Think about all of the things that go on in a bathroom that can't exactly be perfected with your opposite hand. :) Especially when you are female.
Try taking a shower tomorrow with just one hand. You must get the shampoo out of the bottle with just one hand. It is most helpful when the shampoo bottle is nearly full. I found that if you place it between your knees, squeeze and hold your hand out in front of the bottle, you can get enough out to wash your hair.
Writing? Difficult. Typing? Also difficult. As a matter of fact, I started this blog entry at 8am this morning. See how long it took? (this may be a slight exaggeration)
Forget having a good hair day with just one hand. Scissors and pouring coffee? Difficult.
Either Nookie or Augie (I can't remember which) used to make fun of me because I would practice doing things with my left hand in case I ever lost my right arm. Yes, I realize that this is a strange thing to do but if you don't know by now that I'm strange then you haven't been paying attention. In any event, I now wish that I had practiced more things with my left hand. Damnit.
I think for the sake of mystery and such, I won't reveal how the hand got busted. But writing about it helped to cheer me up a bit.

23 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh no! *hugs*

3/20/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I do believe I had teased you about that at one time. :-)

*HUGS*

Imagine this. Having both hands broken and in casts and having to have Michelle take care of all your needs. That's what happened to my sister. Her ex fell off a roof and broke both his wrists and she had to help him out in the bathroom.

Feel better? *grin*

3/20/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

And, I'm so so sorry. *smooch* Are you in a lot of pain?

3/20/2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger momma said...

You beat the hell out of those butchy lesbians at work didn't you? Then a good right hook to the mean old boss did you in, huh?

*smooch* Sorry hon. I know how hard it is.

3/20/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh no! What the hell did you do?

I've broken my right arm two times, so I definitely know what you are going through. It sucks big ones. But at least you don't have to sleep sitting up in a chair! :)

*shakes Carey's hand* Oops.
*hugs* instead

3/20/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

I would be seriously screwed if I lost the use of my right hand, so you have all my sympathy.

*smooch*

3/20/2007 8:04 PM  
Blogger mm said...

I? Did not laugh or smile while reading this post. It's just NOT funny to picture you with the shampoo bottle between your legs while you are trying to squeeze the shampoo out. Not. Funny. At. All.

*serious, sympathetic face*
*not smiling*
*at all*

*smooch* <--sincerely

3/21/2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Wait!

You're female?



*smooch*

3/21/2007 5:35 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

ewwwouch! It must be tough especially since you had all that cabbage the other day!

Put them on ice baby. Oh and totally milk this for whatever you can get.

3/21/2007 6:29 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

That sucks, Bravie. I hope the other person looks worse. Are you in a cast? In a sling? Can I peel you a grape or something?

3/21/2007 7:35 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I think pretty much everybody teases/teased you about practicing using your left hand.

ouch. *smooches hand*

3/21/2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

The only lesbian harmed in the filming of this show was Bravie. In fact, there were no other people involved.
I will say that the fact that I am on the cabbage soup diet this week is proving to be challenging. *giggle*
I'm in a soft cast, so I can remove it whenever I want to. Unfortunately, when I take it off, I forget that it hurts and then I instinctively just do the things that I normally would. Then I am reminded that I have a booboo so I have to put it back on. It does feel a little bit better today and is not nearly as bruised as it was the first day. But it still hurts. *pout*

3/21/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger momma said...

How much longer are you on the cabbage diet?

*makes mental note to be on bestest behavior ever around Bravie while she's stuck eating cabbage and fruit*

3/21/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*runs in*

*kicks Bravie*

*runs faster than the wind back out*

3/21/2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I am on a cabbage soup and fruit diet. Do you really think that you can outrun my wind? Pffffft.

3/21/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger momma said...

Good point.

Crap.

3/21/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Pun intended with your "crap" comment?

3/21/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger momma said...

*evil grin*

I'll never tell. It adds a bit more mystery to the air.

3/21/2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

But does the mystery help the odor in the air?

3/21/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I hope your hand heals quickly. I can think of a ton of ways that you could have hurt it but none of them sound too fun.

3/21/2007 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! I'm sorry. *smooches Bravie's hand*

*LOL at Arkie* I was think the exact same thing.

3/21/2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger momma said...

I dunno if mystery helps the odor....I'm running faster than her wind through this blog.

3/21/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

GAH! I'm sorry you are hurt, bravie! I hope you feel better soon.
Take good care of yourself.

(all the good jokes were taken, so I'll just offer sympathy)

3/22/2007 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home