Monday, July 02, 2007

I'm still employed

The meeting went as well as could have been expected. It was the lesser of the two options I had hoped for but at least now we have answers. The company has not sold but we are bringing on the old boss as a general manager. I'll still have to work with the owner but basically, I am going to be positive about this because there are still a whole lot of possibilities for the future. So while my job is not back to my "dream job" status as it once was, at least there is a chance that in the future, it can be my dream job again. And partly for that reason, I am staying put for now.
I bet on the proven jockey, riding the injured horse. We'll see how my bet pays off.
Thanks for all of the support from everybody over this loooooong process. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when some things get ironed out, this is going to ease some of the stress that I've been going through.

19 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

Yay! Sort of.

And no fair blaming me, Kimmer. That's just mean. It's always Breezy's fault. Always. Just ask her.

7/02/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I agree. I pretty much blame Breezy for all things bad. I figure it's a pretty safe bet that way.

7/02/2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Did you just call Breezy a proven jockey riding an injured horse?

7/02/2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

Are we STILL talking about this?

*rolls eyes*

*rolls eyes again*

:-)

Seriously (cuz I'm all serious-like and stuff today) I'm glad you are happy to be staying. I'm sure Michelle is glad too. *snort*

7/02/2007 3:47 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

thank god. i was afraid you wouldn't be employed this winter and then my christmas requests would go unrealized.

breezy wears jockey shorts? i'm so very confused.

7/02/2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Oh that's good news Bravie! Being employed has lots of good points, like paychecks and stuff. And if it's not your Dream Job quite yet at least it's not a nightmare, so that's good.

7/02/2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger Debcapsfan said...

Good luck with everything. I hope it works out the way you want.

7/02/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*hugs* I'm so glad option 3 didn't have to come into play. Yay for old boss!

7/02/2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and I see Bravie called Breezy short. Tsk tsk.

7/02/2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and I see Bravie called Breezy short. Tsk tsk.

7/02/2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Whew! Glad it worked out this way. At least better than option 3!

7/02/2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is not always my fault!

*smooch*

7/03/2007 4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I am hoping for a lot of stress relief for you!

And in your honor, I am going to polish off the rest of this container of cherries.

7/03/2007 5:20 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

I'm glad you are still employed.

7/03/2007 5:54 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Well I hop ethis ends some major stress for you! I don't like it when you are stressed!

Let's hop on the wine train!

7/03/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Yay! for having a job!

7/03/2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

This has got to be such a huge wieght lifted off of your shoulders. At least for now, which will give you some relief from the stress. This kind of stress is like living with a 50 brick sitting on your chest.

7/03/2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Glad to see you have a job and positive attitude. Good thoughts that it works out to be the dream again!

7/06/2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

blogger pisses me off

7/20/2007 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home