Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rapunzel, Repunzel, I only want to look at your hair

I'm shallow. Deal with it.
I always thought that a woman who had really nice, sexy hair would ALWAYS be hott!!!!
Ack, was I ever wrong.I was walking through my office today and noticed a women in our conference room who had beautiful hair. Long, lucious, curly, highlighted. Made me look. I figured that a woman with hair that hott had to be worthy of a look. So I found ways to keep walking by the conference room until she turned around.
FINALLY!!!!! she turned around.
ACK!!!! I ran the other way.I'm not talking run of the mill ugly. I like to think that I appreciate the beauty in almost all women. I almost always will find a woman to be attractive if her personality trumps her looks. I also truly believe that I have no ugly friends. If I love you, you automatically become beautiful in my eyes. And I have also been told that I tend to find non traditional hotties to be hot. Not this one. Holy shit. She wasn't deformed or anything like that. Although it would have improved her looks. Her hair made her look like she was probably in her early 20's. Her face made her look like she was born in the early 20's. The worst thing was, if she put as much time into her face as she does her hair, she may be passible. With just one paper bag. I literally gasped when she turned around.
I asked my coworker about her after the meeting and she is a salesperson for a trucking company (honey, you aren't supposed to stand in front of the truck when it pulls out of it's berth) and she is in her late 30's and she is a hippy. That is all that I learned of her. I will agree that she looked like a Birkenstock wearing hippy. Which I generally find attractive. Eck, not this one.
And that is my shallow moment for the day. I will go to hell and yes, I feel bad. Because I really do not like to judge a book by it's cover. I don't tend to think of myself as that shallow. I get a free pass every once in awhile. Me thinks.

25 Comments:

Blogger MM said...

I'm appalled by your lack of depth. Wow, just wow. *shakes head*
And I thought I knew you.

*giggle*

8/01/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm shocked too.

Maybe she just needs really, really long bangs? Would you be happy then?

8/01/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Long enough bangs to cover her face, Swami? *giggle*

I already knew you were shallow. *grin*

8/02/2007 5:11 AM  
Blogger momma said...

LOL Well, I can't say I haven't had those moments.

8/02/2007 6:11 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

*snort*

I'm sure this one lapse in not judging books by their covers will pass.

8/02/2007 6:39 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

I just can't be friends with someone who is so shallow.

8/02/2007 6:49 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Waaaaah. Yes you can. You're as shallow as I am. *snort*

8/02/2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Your problem was the you judged the book by the back cover, not the front. You can totally judge books by the front cover.

*grin*

8/02/2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I hadn't thought of it that way, Jen. *giggle*

8/02/2007 6:54 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Oh please. You're not even on the same level of shallow as I am.
*grin*

8/02/2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

LOL at Jen's response.

I've done the same thing in the past. I also sometimes think someone is nice looking from a distance but once they get closer, not so much. I end up saying, "pretty from far but far from pretty" LOL.

8/02/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*giggle* at all the responses!

I've had that experience looking at good bodies. A good body from the back doesn't always equal a pretty person.

8/02/2007 7:40 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

That's what we call a Butter Face. Everything is hot Butter face.

8/02/2007 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are days when I really like to be shallow. You might be surprised.

Or not.

8/02/2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Actually, we have hookers around here that look OK from the back, but then you see what a lifetime of doing crack will do to a face and you think: OMG what a life. And you feel sorry for them.

See how I can be deep and shallow at the same time?

8/02/2007 8:47 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

*wonder if they charge more for "doggy style"*

8/02/2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

I.am.hot.

Look at my long luxerious hair!!

HUGS we all get to have our shallow moments!

8/02/2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I'm totally shallow, I admit it.
When I am looking at someones drivers license ( to approve a check) I always check to see if they are older than I am, and if they are younger but look awful, I laugh at them behind their back.
I am sorry the scary ugly faced lady hurt your eyes.

8/02/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

BTW, was the mis-spelling of Rapunzel in your title deliberate? Repunzel because she's repulsive/repugnant, or is it just a typo?

(shallow)

8/02/2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Ok, I admit that there are some people that when I see them I think, "if that person knocked on my door and I opened it without seeing them first, I might scream when I open the door"...so I know what you mean. Some people are ugly. It's ok to acknowledge this, I think.

8/02/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Ugh. Now I feel immediate remorse for saying that. :(

8/02/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

You know those peeps who are insanely hot (like me, for example) that you just know they got seconds in the beauty line? Well, this woman must've been at the back of that line and she never got her pretty cause someone else took hers!

BTW, it's totally ok to have these moments. I have them every once in awhile and my family always looks at me oddly cause I hardly ever act on it. But boy when I finally do after seeing an ugly, I just can't hold it in!

8/02/2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

i'm the most shallow person you all would ever meet--but in a good way, of course--so i can totally understand where you're coming from.

a former boyfriend from years ago has recently married and sent me a pic of him and the new wife. i can safely say she is hideous. and that's not just because she is the antithesis of me in every way--girlfriend is just unattractive based on any method of comparison short of a baboon's ass, blessherheart.

at least the poor ugly hippie had good hair--she must take some comfort in that.

8/02/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

oh, and just a wondery question--do y'all think that truly ugly people realize that they are ugly? i'm no cover girl, but i don't really consider myself 'ugly' per se...but who knows. i mean, when i was fatter, i knew i was fat, but i'm not sure i appreciated how much of a lard ass i really was--and i still have body dysmorphia, just the opposite problem.

is it possible to have appearance dysmorphia? or do ugly people just suck it up and make the best of it?

(and i'm really not nearly as much of a bitch as that makes me sound

8/02/2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

I was going good until Kimmah used all the big words. Now I'm sitting in the corner face in with the dunce cap on!

8/03/2007 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home