Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My loverly weekend

I honestly can not say too much without giving away the secrets of others.
A midget a lesbian and a Republican walk into a redneck bar...
Kimmer is an awesome host. She drove much out of her way to come and get us and much out of her way to get rid of us. She even got up and made us coffee and breakfast every single day. Although one day she refused to feed us.
The weekend unfortunately was not long enough so we didn't have a whole lot of time. Mostly though, the weekend was about spending great quality time with some wonderful friends and that is exactly what we did.
So in a nutshell...
Boo and I are primed for The Amazing Race. We freaking rocked at the corn maze. Blew Kim and Breezy out of the maze completely.
Kimmer makes the yummiest hobo pies. I want those every single day.
Breezy and I rock at lawn balls.
Kimmer is the best pool partner on the planet.
Boo might be a lesbian and she is bringing sexy back.
Breezy talks waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.
Boo can fly like a 747.
Kimmer is a bit dangerous on country roads.
Redneck bars do not serve margaritas but have Grape Smirnoff in abundance.
Snickers covered caramel apples are divine.
In all honesty, I got to spend time with Boo, Weltek and Breezy and it was a fantastic weekend. Kim really is a great host and all of them are great company. I had a wonderful time and wish it could have lasted a few more days.
Thank you Kim for putting us up in your house. Thank Chris as well. And thank you all for a wonderful weekend. It was a great sendoff for me into my new adventures in life. *smooooches*

27 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

By "blew us out of the maze," you mean "cheated and still only beat us by a minute." *glare*

10/21/2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Oh fer heck we followed the damn rules. The nice people at the bar even said so. IT WAS A RACE!!!!
But you notice that you and I still won at pool even though Boo believes that if you miss a pocket, you should go and roll it in with your hand when nobody is looking?

10/21/2008 11:22 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Ok, I admit, we underestimated your ability. :-)

You even did good at pool without a stick or whatever you call those things.

10/21/2008 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly. I mean I was only given fucking snow peas for dinner on Friday night, and then had more alcohol in 24 hours than I have had in the past 24 years of my life.

10/21/2008 12:15 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snoooort*

10/21/2008 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you all had a great time. and don't be knocking grape Smirnoff. It's my favorite. :) Maybe I should start going to redneck bars, because it's actually pretty hard to find around here.

10/21/2008 1:03 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

*snorrrrrrrtttt*

I thought we rocked Teste-toss?

*snort* I think my favoritest part was when Boo was the 747. *snort*

10/21/2008 1:17 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh boy, let's not put Jen & Boo together anytime soon.

10/21/2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger Tummy said...

Funnest blog-read in a while!

10/21/2008 2:38 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I have no idea what teste-toss is, but I'm not sure if lesbians should be allowed to play it.

10/21/2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Not only did a lesbian play, she won. HAH!!!

10/21/2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/21/2008 5:56 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/21/2008 5:56 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

Nevermind the double post. Oh, does this make it a triple then? Nah, different words.

10/21/2008 6:03 PM  
Blogger dragonflies said...

I forgot to write, glad you had a good time!

10/21/2008 6:04 PM  
Blogger Glowie said...

oooh! Sounds like such fun!

Lawn balls?
Teste toss?

10/22/2008 6:18 AM  
Blogger frodis said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

There are pictures, right? :)

10/22/2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger frodis said...

The secret to good hobo pie is fresh hobos.

You have to pick out the little bandanas on sticks or else they get caught in your teeth.

10/22/2008 9:03 AM  
Blogger maroonclown said...

Gellus, oh so gellus.

Any dead partridges in your redneck bar? I hear they make good pets.

10/22/2008 9:33 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I can not believe I wasn't invited! Oh well, I guess I'm glad that you all had a fun time. ;-)

10/23/2008 8:10 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

Will you please tell me what teste toss is! I have googled it with fairly limited success. All I am really sure of is that playing teste toss involves alcohol and is blogged about a lot by airheaded frat boys.

10/23/2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Look up "ladder ball" and you'll find it. Amd I think you just called us airhead frat boys. Last I checked, bravie is the only adolescent boy around here.

10/23/2008 12:13 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Frodis-it's Wisconsin. We only have stale hobos here. Now explain to me why we managed to make good Hobo pies.

10/23/2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I'm not old enough to be a frat boy. I'm only 16. Breezy escalated me from 13 to 16. Wooo Hoooo

10/23/2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

I had the distinct pleasure of getting a drunk phone call Saturday night. I wish I could repeat what was said but it was pretty hard to follow the conversation with four drunk loonies all talking at once. And by 'talking' I mean loud shouting and smacktalking.

It was great! I'm glad you all had a great time and I'm super duper jealous.

10/23/2008 3:20 PM  
Blogger MM said...

I'm glad you all had such a good time. And! Boo said said she loved me the most, Carey. I don't care if she was drunk when she said it, sometimes that's when the REAL truth comes out. ;-)

10/24/2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger frodis said...

Kim, I'm not surprised your hobo pies were good. Clearly, you are a tremendously skilled chef. I ate chocolate cheese because of you.

10/24/2008 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home