Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thank You

I've had that last post about a bigot up for awhile and it's time to drop him to a lower position.
I finally have had some time to scan the blogs and such and it is time to have a more positive post. As I browsed, I noticed that a lot of peeps have commented about their disgust with the anti gay sentiment in the world.
I hope you all know that that's what keeps us (gays) going. It hurts to have a lot of the world against us but what keeps us going is knowing that our loved ones support us and support equality and do not support the way that we are treatd by other people.
Thank you for being supportive. Thank you for speaking out. Thank you for being. It makes a world of difference in our lives. If all I ever heard and read was disdain for my lifestyle I'm not sure that I would be able to find life worth living. It's the support of friends and family that allows me to continue my journey in life. You all inspire me. And I thank you.

p.s. I do understand that it goes far beyond just supporting me and gays. I understand that it is about your hearts finding that discrimination in any form is icky and wrong. But for now it is the "gay lifestyle" that is being attacked and it is the "gay lifestyle" that ya'll are defending. Thank you for being equalitist.<--is that a word? It should be.

6 Comments:

Blogger lights said...

While I didn't get a chance to comment below, I did read and was totally disgusted as well. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that kind of shit. *hugs the gay girl*

We were at a party at the Rec Centre on Friday night (the one beside the hiking trail we went on). There was a band playing and my friend's daughter sat at our table. She had her cute little gay boyfriends with her. I had a blast with them on the dance floor but I was sad that they didn't feel comfortable enough to be able to dance with each other without a couple girls dancing with them.

Love you.

11/23/2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

I think egalitarian is the word that applies here.

Swami <-- lefty egalitarian.

11/23/2008 8:19 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

I kinda like "equalitist". I've been calling myself an "egalitarian" for years now, but I never really liked the word.

Also: *smooch*

11/23/2008 8:49 PM  
Blogger yvonne said...

How about egalitarian-litist? I like the way it rolls off the tongue. :-)

*big squeezy hug*

11/24/2008 2:44 PM  
Blogger Tummy said...

*smooshy hugs to you

11/25/2008 8:44 AM  
Blogger Buggy said...

The haters are vocal, but they are a very small minority.
Don't listen to them, don't let them bring you down.
I am sure there was a time during the civil rights movement when people felt discouraged, but they carried on with their heads held high.
You keep on being vocal, you keep on demanding rights, you keep your head high.
In a way it's good that the ignorant don't keep quiet, I want to know who they are, I want the bigots identified.

As always I love you!

12/05/2008 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home