Friday, November 07, 2008

Whew!!

Life sure is whizzing by these days. I can't believe I've been at the new job for two weeks. I'm finally starting to settle in. I must be doing okay because (waves to Breezy) they wouldn't have moved my trainer into his new position already if I wasn't. Starting Monday it will just be me (the liberal lesbo) and Fred (The Republican) sharing our department. We are losing Matt (the hip young Bohemian) from our department. Fred told me today that he doesn't really feel the need to check my stuff anymore unless I feel that I need him to because from what he has been checking has all been fine and without mistakes. Yay me!!!
I got my first paycheck. It was only one week's pay because I started in between pay periods. The funny thing? My one week of pay was almost as much as some of my two week checks at the old place. Salary may have it's perks over hourly. When given a choice I always ask for hourly but I may have to rethink my stand on salary. Not that it matters, I'm salary now like it or not.
More people talk to me now and others before who hardly acknowledged me are now even smiling and saying hello. I even had one chick try to set me up with her boyfriend's friend. *snort*
Now I need to get over the newness of my life's routine and start to get a groove. I can't run errands and do chores as easily after work now that I get home 2-3 hours later. That is a pain. We went grocery shopping after work last night and didn't get home until almost 7pm. Pooey.
Anyhow, I try to get around to everybody's blog. I don't always comment because sometimes I just have enough time to get around and read and run but I AM reading.

5 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

*snort* Welcome to the real world. Grocery shopping after work and not getting home til after 7.

*smooch* Life is good.

11/08/2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

A nice fat paycheck can make up for a lot of little changes, can't it?

I'm glad the new job is going so well.

11/08/2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

I'm so happy that you're finding your groove, Bravie!!

11/08/2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger frodis said...

I'm really happy that it's going well.

I never minded grocery shopping at night. I prefer it to going on Saturday or Sunday.

I wanted to let you know that I bought some Fiber One cereal and a big box of the oats and chocolate bars. Whenever I see Fiber One I think of you.

11/09/2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

You got a new job? Really? I had no clue.

:-)

11/10/2008 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home