Friday, January 09, 2009

I hardly update anymore :(

With my new work schedule and with how busy I am at work it seems I never get to update anymore. Not that there is a ton to update. Really there isn't anything to update.
I still love my job. I hate that it takes me away from my play time though. That really bums me out. I don't get the time to hit every single blog every single day anymore. That bums me because I love keeping up to date with my friends. I hate feeling out of the loop.
I impressed my boss yesterday. *proud grin* He came in and was making some suggestions to me and Fred the Republican on ways to cut back on our prices. He made this one suggestion and I intervened and suggested an even better way. The cool thing is that what we were talking about was a very technical, industry specific topic and not something that generally falls under my job description. He was thrilled with my suggestion and told me to keep up that kind of thinking and that that's the kind of employee that he is looking for. Yay me!!! He also told us that he has included me in a certain incentive program that he has implemented. Another yay me!!!
Forget the substantial raise by taking this job, the pats on the back and the general feeling that I am a valuable employee is meaning sooooo much more to me right now. I know that what I do isn't curing cancer or anything but I'm feeling important and creative and productive again. It's nice.
*poot*

18 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

As much as we all miss you around here, I think we'd all agree that we'd much rather you be happy and proud in your new job than miserable in your old one, even if it limits your online time.

Uh...

Not to speak for anyone else or anything. *sheepish grin* I did use "we" an awful lot in that run-on sentence, didn't I? Heh.

*swalt* So happy for you, Carebear.

1/09/2009 7:29 PM  
Blogger momma said...

Yay for you! That is absolutely wonderful. And the happiness flows through your fingers. So very happy for you.

And I'll agree with Jen, so her use of lots of 'wes'? we-s? 'we's? ah...whatthehellever....is true.

1/09/2009 7:57 PM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Well I'm not happy. *pout* Granted I've been too busy at work to have fun either.... but still.

You need to update here more often instead of being a nerd on Facebook. *grin*

1/10/2009 5:02 AM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Yay you! Ok so if I ever move to San Francisco you need to hook me up there.

I used to work as a production assitant in a direct mail lettershop. I worked closely with our warehouse and sometimes it sounds so similiar to what you do.

Oh and all 5 of us will move in with you.

1/10/2009 5:37 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I will say that I feel much less stressed. So it's nice to be happy at work again.
Zombs, we are a commercial print shop and we deal with the mailhouses a lot. So when you get here, give me your resume and I will get you a job. *grin*

1/10/2009 7:08 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

When Bravie is happy, I'm happy!

1/10/2009 10:52 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

You are a huge success, and in these crappy economic times no less. Way to go!!

1/10/2009 3:59 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

That's poot-tastic! Seriously, I understand how awesome that great suggestion must have felt, AND to have it recognized.

Hey-my boss is in seriously talks with Davis this month. The one deal breaker she had, they took care of.

Oh, and last I checked, there are still only 5 days in your work week, so you should at least be updating here weekly.

1/12/2009 6:30 AM  
Blogger maroonclown said...

I second that weekly update request.

Sounds like everything is hunky-dory with you and you're right - kudos can outweigh the benefits of the extra money. But having both certainly kicks butt.

too many "we's" ^up there^

1/12/2009 10:33 AM  
Blogger byoffer said...

What? I thought pooting did cure cancer. Not that my DW believes that is my motivation.

*pats efficiency queen on back*

1/12/2009 11:45 AM  
Blogger Tummy said...

You are a rockin' employee. So happy you're happy. :)

But I'm with others, you need to tell Michelle you need 20 minutes on the 'net every weekend. *ha

1/12/2009 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news. Thanks for posting.

1/13/2009 7:13 AM  
Blogger yvonne said...

So happy to know you are happy. A happy Bravie is a good Bravie...or something like that.

*smooch*

1/13/2009 2:53 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I've missed you around blogland, too. Perhaps you and Zombs will open up your own business together.

1/13/2009 11:14 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Money is good, but being appreciated is priceless!

So glad you made that change, I miss seeing you as much, but when we do I know you are happier!

1/16/2009 1:59 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

I'm so happy that you've finally found a 'happy' place! Much love!

1/17/2009 2:53 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm just here to say "hi" and remember the good old days, when Bravie brightened my day almost every morning.

1/22/2009 11:58 AM  
Blogger Breezy said...

Yeesh, you still haven't updated?

1/25/2009 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home